Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just Saying Hello

As part of my Online Inspiration class with Jennifer, I made this card using two of the techniques. Coloring the embossing folder before embossing and also embossing on Acetate. Its all about dry embossing and I have to say that I just love the effect. I used the lovely sketch from Lily Pad blog. This is my submission at Wee Memories Blog  as the challenge is NO pattern paper and Simon says Stamp blog - use of dies or punches

I used Hero Arts Soft Pool Shadow ink on the Birds and Swirls Embossing folder. The Butterflies are cut with a MS Punch. I colored the butterflies using broken china, pine needle, faded jeans, crushed olive and peeled paint distress inks. Love the effect of embossed Acetate and all the dimension. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


 Hope you like what I created. It was so much fun and it looks just amazing in real.

Before I leave, I want you all to know about Vicky's amazing giveaway of 25$ for Simon says Stamp shop. Be sure to pop by her blog to see her amazing cards and videos.

15 comments:

Vicky said...

Thank you Isha for playing with us! Your card is gorgeous! Great take on the sketch. Oh and thank you for the giveaway shout out! hugs

Barb said...

Oh my, Isha! This is fantastic! Such a beautiful take on the sketch and techniques! LOVE IT!!

Tee said...

This is so so superb!! I love butterflies in any form and these with acetate!! simply awesome!
Isha, I don't have any chalk inks, what would you suggest I try? I have distress inks, memento inks and a few pigment inks (but no pastel colors in that!)
Another shopping haul for me!! :)

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Isha. Love the idea of the double layered butterflies. Certainly fun with the acetate.

yyam said...

Oh wow! How awesome are those embossed butterflies! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Isha I love the beautiful butterflies and how they float along the edge of the card!

Marsha Fisher said...

Beautifully done!

Monika Reeck said...

very lovely butterfly and the color you have choosen Isha and love the paper you have used...really beautifully done...I am joining too the Lily Pad challenge my card is number 23 , would you mind to see my card Isha? Many thanks before...hugs, Monika (can we chat tomorrow at 13.30 Isha) hugs

alexandra s.m. said...

It should be framed it's so beautiful Isha!!!
BRAVO!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!

Nancy K said...

Absolutely stunning card...I love the great inked/embossed background! So glad you joined us at Lily Pad Cards.

Britta Swiderski said...

This is sooo very pretty. The butterflies really pop off that beautiful background. I just actually signed up for Jennifer's class after the fact and can't wait to dive in and study some of these techniques. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Love how you put that all together.

Latrice Murphy said...

I do this a lot with the acetate layer and I just love how you did it too! Great texture and the colors are fab. Thanks for joining our challenge at Lily Pad cards

Latrice Murphy said...

I love everything about this. The texture is stunning. Grea job! Thanks for joining our Lily Pad challenge.