Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Guest Designing and A Challenge

I am so excited while sharing this post with you all today. When Yvonne from Do More With Less invited me over to guest design at her blog, I was like...Whaaat??? Me :) but as soon as the initial excitement settled down, lots of ideas came knocking at my door, which really confused me...lol. Finally, I decided on sharing a small tutorial along with how and what got me inspired??

As you may know, or maybe not, I am living in Switzerland and the things associated with Switzerland, which come to my mind immediately are, of course, Chocolates, Cheese and not to forget the Swiss Alps....Hmmm!!! I got inspired by the Alps on this Yogurt box :)


My card looks like this:


Would you like to know how I created the background??? I have put together a small step by step tutorial on how to create a background scene for you all along with an interesting challenge...

 
Step 1: Mask the grass area.
 

Step 2: Color with Distress Ink



Step 3: Cover the grass area and the sky (the unmasked part will be the mountains)


Step 4: Distress the mountains


Step 5: Cover mountain and grass area.


Step 6: Color the sky




This is my first tutorial so please go easy on me :)

I am submitting this card for the following challenges:
Moxie Fab Stamp It week challenge
SirStampalot challenge: Whats your crafty passion: Creating backgrounds with distress inks is one of mine

So head on over at Yvonne's blog for the challenge, I will be giving the winner a 15$ Gift Certificate to the Lil Inker Designs Shop too. And while at the blog, you will find that she is an incredibly talented artist with a fabulous style of creating with colors, mists, textures etc...
Huge thanks Yvonne for this honor.

See you all soon with more exciting news ;)


28 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Isha I just saw you at Yvonne's blog,.. Oh my are you talented...love your cards... I'm also your newest follower...

Unknown said...

Great inspiration and project.i will definitely try and enter this challenge.Thanks for the fabulous inspiration.

Dawn T said...

Well done Isha. You did a great card and your little tutorial is great too.

Tone-Lill said...

Just saw this at Yvonne's blog, Do more With Less, and had to come for a peek. Love your creations, will definitely come back for inspiration.
:)

~amy~ said...

yahooo for guesting at Yvonne's...awesome technique!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning card, Isha - just off to Yvonne's blog to see your tutorial :)

TesaB said...

YAY for guest designing for Yvonne! I'm on my way over! LOVE your card!!!

Barb said...

Wow, Isha - this is so beautiful! Congrats on your guest design spot! :)

Chunyuan said...

great tutorial over Yevonne's blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

Wee Von said...

Congrats Isha! Your work always blows me away! This card is gorgeous. Headed to Yvonne's blog now. Thank you for your inspiration.

Monika Reeck said...

Congrats Isha to be a guest designer...and your card looks so adorable so clean and the alps looks so real..oh I want this card...may I have it in my hand Isha..then I give it to you back (Joke) ..love your simple and clean card...hugs

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Congrats Isha!!Very beautiful card and lovely stamping.I´ll try my best to participate if time permits and if i don´t make any mess wt my stamping.

Unknown said...

so beautiful! i love how your creative mind works Isha...your card is just gorgeous...love!

Agata said...

That's really cool! Lovely card, looks so Swiss! :)))

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love this "snapshot" of nature!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this scene, Isha! I wish I could sponge like this. Your tutorial is fabulous!

yyam said...

Thank you so much for being my guest Isha! I'm so glad to get a little peek into your creative process! You are so talented my friend. :)

brenda said...

It's funny where our inspiration comes from Isha, the oddest placed sometime.

Your little scene is lovely,
thanks so much for sharing your 'Crafty Passion' with us at Stampalot Challenge this month.

B x

pinky said...

Beautiful creation and thanks for the tutorial. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Tasnim said...

Your card is amazing! Thanks for the tutorial.

Vicky said...

Isha your card is so pretty! Great masking technique!

alexandra s.m. said...

This is absolutely awesome Isha!
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card and how you've made it ;-))

Ruth said...

This is such a pretty card and great little tutorial! Thanks so much for joining the Sir Stampalot challenge this month, Ruth :)

Sally H said...

So beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your crafty passions with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

Monique said...

Loved your (first!!) turorial and your card! You inspired me to have a go for sure. Thanks so much!

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Isha congrats you win with this card wohooo...you card really adorable....love this Isha....can we talk per mail dear?

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Loved the technique as well. I had to create my own card for this challenge as well :)

http://stampingwithpassion.blogspot.com/2012/07/distress-inked-farm-scene.html