Saturday, October 1, 2016

Caring Hearts Cards Drive and Happy WCMD!

Hello and Happy World Card Making Day!!

I am so excited today to share my cards for this years upcoming Caring Hearts Card Drive using the new Caring Hearts Collection by SugarPea Designs.
This will be the 7th year that Vera and her team of volunteers will set out to collect handmande cards from October 1st to November 25th to give to those that live in nursing homes across the country. You can find the details (HERE)


To start with, I really love these products and the cause too!
I used Caring Hearts, Kindness Matters, SugarCuts – Kindness, Caring Critters and SugarCuts – Caring Critters for my cards. I simply used the negative space of the SugarCuts – Chatterbox Journal Card and the sun and clouds from SugarCuts – Whatever The Weather. I colored the cute moose and the sun using copic markers.




For my 2nd. card, I repeatedly stamped the stars to create loads of dazzling shimmer by heat embossing the scattered stars from the Caring Hearts stamp set. I used the GORGEOUS (you really have to try) Peppermint Tea and Mint Macaroon embossing powders by WOW! Embossing powder for a beautiful tone on tone look. Next I added the SugarCuts – Kindness word die, stacked 4 die-cuts and embossed the upper layer using the same embossing powders and then paired it with a coordinating sentiment from Kindness Matters on black cardstock.



Lastly, don’t forget!!! SugarPea Designs will be donating 20% of all proceeds from the sale of the Caring Hearts Collection sold between Sept 30 – November 30, 2016 and dies to the Alzheimers Association.



4 comments:

Karen B. said...

That moose is adorable!

Dawn T said...

Both cards are delightful. The first one is adorable. And what elegance the second one is.

Shelly said...

Super sweet cards, Isha!

jintyoo7 said...

Two gorgeous cards Isha! Love all the shiny embossing, and your little moose scene is too cute for words.