Wednesday, December 14, 2011

PS Sparks

I want to share these cards I made for the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I really liked the inspiration photo as soon as I saw it. So even thou I love their stamps, I used the free digi Paper Smooches offers as I dont own any of their stamps yet:)

My first thought was that Damask pattern in Oval frame on the powder blue wall which has kind of texture on the lower part. Then the additional colors: yellow and dark blue. I used some embossing for the texture, some resist on glossy paper, which actually came out really nice, chk. the damask background. I then scaled down the digi flower and used 3D foam for extra dimension and glossy accent in the flower centers.
 The 2nd. thing which caught my attention in the photo is the table runner. So to give the texture and cloth feel, I did some hand embroidery. Again, the flowers were scaled down and colored using Copics.
 This is my first time participating in the Paper smooches challenge. Pls. click on the photos for a clear view. I hope you like my creations as much as I enjoyed creating them.
I am submitting these for the challenge at All sorts Challenge Blog - I used blue and yellow color here.
TFL :)

11 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Isha, I love how you got your inspiration for these lovely cards. The stitching on the second is gorgeous. I am so glad you had fun joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge... hopefully you will play again :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love that first card--the bottom looks like real bead-board--and I LOVE the little flowers:) LOVE your hand-stitching on the second card! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

~amy~ said...

darling...love them both!

Linda Beeson said...

These are wonderful! Gotta love those colors and your use of the SPARKS challenge.

Tee said...

I so so love this...the frame is beautiful!!! that embroidery is fabulous!!!
Another one I need to CASE!!!

brenda said...

Two super cards Isha.

Thank you so much for joining my ‘It Takes Two’ theme at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

B x

Mummylade said...

Both cards are absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Rachel said...

the blue flowers look gorgeous! your coloring is fabs :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Beautiful cards...love those flowers.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Both these interpretations are fabulous Isha. You captured so many of the photographic elements!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my gosh, both of these cards are incredible, Isha! Lovely details. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!