Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Cards

Well yesterday I made some Christmas cards using a new set from my win. Its a Jane Doodles stamp set called Vintage Santa. Love it and the quality is amazing. Thanks Judith for sending me a lovely gift.

I got the inspiration by the photo at Simon says challenge blog, Santa, Music notes CAS and also Vintage. I am submitting these for the challenge at Wee Memories  as its Free for all:) and The young crafters challenge blog which is to use dies.




I kept my first card CAS as I wanted this gorgeous image to speak for itself. I used pencil colors to color it. 

My second card is a bit vintage. I colored the image with water colors and then some cracked glass effect. To finish some machine stitching.

Love both of them and hope you like them too. Thanks for dropping by and do write what you think.

8 comments:

TesaB said...

Both are beautiful!!! Love the image, and love the use of crackled glass technique!!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Beautiful card and i loved the cracked glass effect.How did you do it?

Elizabeth Allan said...

Isha you used this image in two very creative ways. Love the CAS design and also the second card with more details and patterns.

Melissa Bove said...

Both cards are just gorgeous!! Love that Santa! Well done!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW, absolutely stunning uses of Santa from Vintage Christmas! You rock, Isha!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Jane

Jay Gee said...

Both cards are gorgeous Isha... so glad you liked the stamp set :)

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Gorgeous cards, Isha! im always amazed by your creation .love love Santa! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Wee Memories