Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Birthday

I got my new Hero Arts stamps from the last win and got sooo excited, that I had to play around with them. Thanks you Hero Arts.

So like a kid, I started thinking, which image to choose but since I wanted to ink them all...I used 3 on my card.
I am submitting this to the following challenges:

Wow Embossing powder Challenge: Monochromatic and Heat Embossing (I embossed my BG stamp with light blue embossing powder)
Moxie Fab World Card Design Handbook week: Focal Point (I gave a different shape to my focal point window, it looks just perfect with the Diamond background stamp. Then those floral meadows are given slight shading to create dimension n depth, to me it just draws the eyes. What do you say??)
 Simon Says Challenge Blog: Anything Goes

My card:


 I stamped the square background using pale blue embossing powder and inked it using the Summer Distress ink. Then I cut a window and adhered the stamped white CS using 3D foam. I also gave some shadow using color pencils to create the feeling of depth, it gives more life.

 

Thanks for dropping by:

Supplies: White CS, Water color paper (Canson), Stamps Hero Arts (CG453, CL549, CL611), Inks (Ranger distress inks: Summer collection, Hero Arts Soft Pool), Embossing powder Zing ( Powder), Prismacolor Color pencil, 3D foam

15 comments:

Agata said...

It's so beautiful! Love the monochromatic effect! And this new square bg is truly lovely!

alexandra s.m. said...

So beautiful and elegant!
You are one creative Mama you know that? ;-)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Isha, a stunning creation! I love how you cut a diamond window from the background. The flowers are beautifully coloured, too!

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card!! New stamps are always fun!! :) Good luck with the challenges!

Barb said...

I love all the different blues you used, Isha! Such a fun idea to cut out the diamond shape from the Square Pattern - awesome depth and a beautiful card!

TesaB said...

Ohh, wow! I totally ADORE this card! It's a beauty, loooove the background stamp and the shading of the flowers is just fab.

Mo said...

Deine Karte ist super schön liebe Isha !!!
Herzlichst,
Monika

Elizabeth Allan said...

Precision perfect Isha! The background stamping is aligned magnificently and your window cutting is neat as a pin!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, Isha - love the definition you gave the flower silhouettes :)

Ally said...

what a wonderful card, Isha! I bet in real life the embossed part looks fantastic!
Hugs, Alessandra

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!! Love the design and the pretty colors!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Jocelyn Olson said...

Just beautiful, Isha! This card is such a great example of focal point. I am loving how you angled the box and I love that great background stamp. So pretty!

Dawn T said...

Love your idea of making a square in the middle. I'm waiting for that stamp to arrive as part of my SSS win. Should be here next week. This is a beautiful card

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Tee said...

So so awesome!! Looks like I missed a lot on your blog..hoping to catch up with all of it...I have been hooked to this BG..this is stunning and seeing this card..I so so want it!!