Friday, February 12, 2016

Love!

Hello everyone!
Today I am sharing a project using the new "Celebrations" by Richard Garay. This is a fun, trendy colorful line. You can check the catalog HERE

I created some felt heart keychains with my daughter to gift her friends. Well, the little girls hang these on their school bags and Etui (Pencil pouch) :) 
I used the smallest of the Heart dies to die-cut felt, stitched 2 of them together and filled some filling material before fully closing it. Then I just added some beads and the cute little hangings are done.

Then, I was just going through the patterned papers for my photo backdrop and I came across this beautiful paper with lots of hearts from the  "Celebrations Special Occasion Prints"....and I ended up with a card too :) Using parts of the patterned paper we sure can create our focal point!


I used the heart dies to die-cut a single heart from the patterned paper. 
Then, using the smallest of the pierced heart in the center to create some dimension. Sponge the edges.
Apply FSJ Glaze and let dry.
Make a cardbase using Whip Cream cardstock. Cut a mat layer.
Sponge some ink onto the mat layer and apply embossing paste through a stencil. Add some glitter. Let dry.
Die-cut the word "Love" using gold foil CS.
Assemble everything together as per the photo.
I used Captivating Coral CS from the assorted solids pack and adhered to the cardbase, before adhering the mat layer.



Hope you got inspired to use parts of your patterned paper to create focal point of your card.

Supplies:
Celebrations by Richard Garay 
Celebrations by Richard GarayDie: Pierced Hearts, All You
Assorted Solids papers, Captivating Coral ink

Cardstock: Whipped Cream; Journey Glaze, Journey Tape Runner, Journey Bloom Tool


Others: Ranger Distress Ink: Squeezed Lemonade; Wendy Wecchi Embossing Paste, Clear Glitter

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card and fabulous projects Isha! Love them all!