Thursday, September 17, 2020

MFT 2020 Card Design Superstar Challenge: Clean & Simple Genius

Hello everyone! I am so excited, MFT is hosting the Card Design Superstar Challenge again. I cleaned my desk a couple days back and found these GORGEOUS butterflies. These are so pretty that I just wanted to highlight them and the Clean and Simple Genius challenge is perfect for this stamp. 

Clean and simple for me is all about white space, design rules: here I have repetition, movement and rule of thirds for the sentiment. Now there is color theory too and we can't beat the rainbow colors. Rainbow colors make me happy :)

 I went for a slimline card. 

I started by stamping the base of the butterflies. I then took 2 shades darker ink and stamped the detailed wings. Finally, I stamped the center of the butterfly.

Next step was to apply Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen to the solid parts of the wings except the part underneath the detailed wing. I then added some details using white gel pen for added texture.

Stamp and emboss the sentiment. Die-cut the word hello, offset it using black die-cut. Adhere to the card. 

Have a nice day! Stay safe :)

No comments: