Friday, May 24, 2024

Pinkfresh Studio - One Layer Card using Masking technique

Hello crafty friends! Today I am on the Pinkfresh Studio card blog with a colorful one layer card using the masking technique. I feel, sometimes we need one layer cards for easy mailing and this is where this masking technique comes to play. I used the beautiful Amazing Things stamps, dies and stencils.

I started by stamping the image twice using the Detail Black ink and the Amazing Things stamp set onto a white panel. Next, I used the Amazing Things Stencils and added inks to the image. I used the Blending Brushes (1/4th and 1/2 inch).

Ink colors I used:

Flowers (Lemon Whip, Apricot, Sparkling Rose, Bubble Gum, Berrylicious, Candy Violet, Waterfall, Sapphire)

Leaves (Grassy Knoll, Key Lime, Waterfall, Berrylicious, Sapphire)

Next, using the Amazing Things dies, I die-cut two masks from masking paper. You can use copy-paper instead and adhere it with temporary adhesive Adhere the masks to the image. Sponge Sky Blue and Waterfall ink to the background. Flick some water and white paint and let it dry.

Remove the masks and see the beautiful one layer image with white outlines. Stamp the sentiment from the Joyful Day stamp set. 

To finish, adhere some Ice clear drops and adhere this panel to a white cardbase.

Hope you liked the process of easy to mail, one layer card. Thank you for dropping by and have  nice day!

No comments: