Sunday, August 8, 2010

Friends forever...

My childhood friend has her B'day in September and I want to send her a handmade card for the first time...lol. So here is what I made for her. Now The inspiration came from Here and since its a friends card, I am posting it at apassionfor...
Now, I always love Jenny's fun card and she has a new challenge here, which is to use butterflies. I am happy, since my card is perfect for her challenge too. The fun colors (love them), which I picked are from this Challenge card by Agata, that means I CASED her card I think :)
Here is the inspirational photo:
My take on it:
 (Ink: Ranger distress ink, PTI  Paper: PTI Stamps Heroarts Embossing powder:Ranger)

I first made the butterflies and colored them, then brushed some perfect pearl mixed with water. Love love this product. Edged the Circle with Tumbled glass distressed ink and used 3D foam to stick it onto brown. I then stamped and clear embossed florishes background stamp on my brown paper. Embossed Friends forever with white ep. Colored inside friends with my color pencils. I then distressed a white card with spiced marmalade distress ink, so it matches my butterfly. Hope you enjoy my creation. TFL.

24 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, your friend will treasure this card, I am sure.

Karen B. said...

This is truly a piece of art, perfectly composed and wonderful colors.

Tee said...

Beautiful..love butterflies..and this card is just amazing..what stamp did you use to create the vines? would love to CASE this card!!
Thanks so much for great inspiration!

Aimes said...

Soooooooo pretty! Just lovin' those butterflies!
Thanks so much for playing along with us (again!) on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Deb Neerman said...

This is just stunning! Love the design and those fabulous butterflies!! Great take on the challenge!!

Michele Gross said...

Wowzers! I love this, its absolutely stunning! Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo pretty! Love all those butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Nancy said...

Your card turned out so lovely. Beautiful design!

TesaB said...

It is absolutly FANTASTIC!!! WOW!

Monika Reeck said...

have seen this on your Flickr and love your contrast colors between BG in brown and the butterflies...lovely adorable and creative card Isha...chat with you soon...hugs...

Ayana Posadas said...

Fabulous card! I love those multi-colored butterflies! So fun! :)

Jill said...

INCREDIBLE! I love all those little, colorful butterflies! Such a charming take on the inspiration. Definitely a "WOW" card!

Hannah said...

hi isha! what a beautiful card! like jill said - definitely a "wow" card! :)
btw sorry for replying here, wasn't sure how to reach you.. the stamp i used is by inkadinkado - it's on amazon, ebay and lots of other places - just search for "inkadinkado it is not the destination". hope this helps!! :) have a good one isha!

Ann said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us Wee Memories girls!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Isha,

Thank you so much for becoming a follower at Scrap RDV and your sweet comment. Your cards are always beautiful and very creative ;-)

Laurel said...

Wow, this is amazing! thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I love your take on the inspiration photo.

And I wanted to thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. :)

Wendy

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - beautiful take on the CAS-Tastic challenge! I adore your card!
Cheers, Karen
www.alteredscrapbooking.com

Jinny Newlin said...

Congrats on making the top 5! I LOVE your color palette! Simply gorgeous! Makes me think Fall is just right around the corner :).

Agata said...

Absolute perfection Isha! Love this card, it's beautiful!

Deirdre said...

congrats - just saw your name in lights on the CAS-tastic blog.... woohooo... congrats Isha.

Court said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

So pretty! Fabulous design! Thank you for joining us at Wee Memories! :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a stunning card...