Friday, October 1, 2010

Scallop Gallop

Hello friends, its been a while since I could be creative and it was so hard cos I have few new stamps starring at me but I just could not....lolI created this card for the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World blog which challenges you to create something using offset scalloped designs.

To make this card I used my Papertrey yummy chocolate paper as base and clear embossed it using HA Woodgrain BG stamp. Since its a square card, it goes perfect with the current challenge at Papertrey.
 I then stamped the scallop edge stamp and the flowers etc. Colored everything and then put some glossy accent here n there. Then I distressed the edges with some Tumbled glass ink and again distressed with a distresser to give the torn edge effect. Adhered the center with 3D foam pads....
Hope the closeup shows it better. Because the colors are all Autumn, I am posting it for the challenge at Tuesday Taggers too.

TFL.

9 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

This is adorable, Isha! I love the cute scene and the way you have framed it! Brilliant idea for the offset scallops too!

Aimes said...

What a fun and happy card, Isha! Love your use of scallops - so clever!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jinny Newlin said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog, Isha! This card is soooo cute! LOVE your offset scallop, grassy hills!

Virginia L. said...

This is SO cute, Isha! I love the scallops from the grass!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a cheerful, bright card to brighten a wet, grey day in England. Love that Woodgrain stamp!
Carol x

Lea L. said...

Such an adorable card!! The flowers are so cheery! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge! ♥♥♥

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is such a clever use for the offset scallop! So cute!!

Tee said...

I love love this idea..such an awesome idea Isha! The colors, the glossy accents, superb!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)