Thursday, May 5, 2011

For Mom

Mother's day is so near and today I want to share the card I made for my Mom. She is my inspiration. I learnt to be patient from her...she just has amazing patience. Being a doctor and always busy, she use to make sure of our every little need. She use to sit near us, when we would have exams (University) and needed her comfort while studying whole night, can never forget that. She always encouraged me n showed me how to do beautiful Embroidery. So the inspiration behind this card is my Mom. Pls. click on the photo to see it clear. I am submitting for the Hand stitching challenge at CREATE blog


 Supplies: Stamps Hero Arts (CL379,CG245), Embroidery thread and lace from stash, Pearls Pizzazzaplenty, Ranger distress ink Antique linen and Barn Door
 I colored the edges of White card with some distress inks and stamped the image. For the flower in circle, I stamped it with black. Colored the flower with Red and leaves with shades of green using my pencil colors. I then did the Hand embroidery on to the petals and leaves. To finish, stamped the sentiment and some pearls and a Red bling on the O of the word Mom.
Hope you like it. TFL

6 comments:

yyam said...

This is so lovely! I love the touch of embroidery...it really makes this card special.

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, Isha, I love the embroidery in those rich, bold colours! The sentiment is a perfect match for the flower. You are making me want that fabric background again! ;)

Tee said...

This is stunning!! love the touch of embroidery..looks beautiful!!
one more thing we share in common besides the love of all things PTI and HA, my mom's a doctor too!!

Melanie-Jane said...

Was für eine hübsche Karte Isha. Deine Mama wird sich bestimmt riesig darüber freuen. Uuiui was mich daran erinnert, dass ich auch noch ein Kärtchen für meine Mama bastelln will.
Wünsche dir noch eine ganz schönen Tag.
PS : Das Sentiment ist super, werde ich wohl auch auf meine Karte übernehmen :)

Lieber Gruss
Melanie-Jane

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Isha.... I'm sure it will make the top cards over at Create.

Dawn T said...

Told you it would make it Isha.... it is such a beauty... well done my friend.