Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sweet Birthday

Yay 2nd. post for today...Well its already tomorrow for me. I got this sudden idea and really loved it, so had to finish the card. I used the sketch from CardPatterns blog, used the theme of the yummy challenge from Lisa (Make-it+Take-it), love the idea...at least now I will post these cards and I have a friend, who has her B'day next week. May is full of friends B'days...lol. I also highlighted my Sentiment with the tiny Twine bow because that is the challenge at the new  blog CAS-ual Friday.




For my card, I drew the cone on white card paper, colored it using distress inks and stamped the Hero Arts BG stamp. I made the Icecream scoops with the cup cake stamp. Embossed the sentiment with Red ep in a curved shape and to highlight it, used a bow with some Twine. Please click on the photo to see it better.

Card stock ( Migros, Papertrey), Distress inks and Embossing powder (Ranger), Twine from the Twinery, Stamps  Hero Arts (CL342, S5216, CG151) Cherry from Studio G
TFL.

21 comments:

Darla said...

What a YUMMY card!! :) I love it!

Anonymous said...

CA-ute!!! Love what you did with this card! The ice cream cone is fab and I'm really diggin' how you curved your text and lined it up with your twine bow, very snazzy :) Thanks for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dawn T said...

such a cute idea Isha. Lovely CAS card.

Virginia L. said...

Aw.. what a SWEET Card, Isha!! Love your curvy sentiment for this fun design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Love it when you play!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is such a wonderfully creative interpretation of the sketch, Isha! I LOVE how you made a cone out of the envelope pattern (I still need that) and the twine bow is perfect for the way you've done the sentiment. I love it!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is darling!! Love that ice cream image. Thanks so much for playing with us in the very first CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!

Laura Davis said...

What a yummy card! Now I want ice cream :)
Thanks for playing at CAS!
Laura

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!!

Monica said...

So sweet and yummy - I find the cherries so tempting!!! Can I have them, please? Lol!


xxx Monica

Unknown said...

such a sweet card!!! love the ice cream image

Jenny said...

Love that yummy ice cream, such a fun card, love it :)
Jenny x

Lindsay said...

This is just totally adorable! Love that cute ice cream cone and the way you flipped the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Jay Gee said...

Sweet card Isha, love the curved sentiment :)

~amy~ said...

okay, now how clever is this?!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Julie Ranae said...

Really great to have you with us in the Break Room at CAS-ual Fridays! The design is terrific and as a bonus, I love that you used baker's twine from The Twinery...it will be featured over on The Twinery's Facebook page!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your card is so bright and cheery - just love the colors. That curved sentiment is super creative too! So glad that you played along with the first ever CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Major yum!!!! And that twine is the *sweetest* little touch!

Thanks so much for playing along in Make-It and Mail-It #2! Hugs! :)

Dana said...

What a clever take on these challenges! Your card is rockin' and I'm so glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

stampencamper said...

great card with summer coming up, fun blog hop

yyam said...

Just yummy Isha! Love the "white" space and the clever texting! :)

stampingandstitching said...

What a cute, creative and yummy card, Isha! I love it!