Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Journey from Happy...Happier....Happiest

This is a bit long post...pls. scroll down for the card.
My lovely friends....today I want to share my journey from being happy to happiest in the stamping world. So I started stamping with close to none supplies and some colors from my art kit. Without thinking much about how my cards look became member of HA flickr group. Making stamped cards made me happy....then I started participating in the challenges...I was discovering my creativity all over again...it made me happier...
Then without thinking what all was involved, started a Blog...of coarse felt little ashamed, when I would see all beautiful Blogs but making all those lovely friends was more important...how my Blog looks, didn't matter much.
Now I feel like the happiest person as I have friends, whom I can count on...who motivate me with their kind n sweet words...make me work n think harder in a positive way...helped me with choosing and buying the supplies and also some RAKs and some Tips....because of those things I finally took another step towards my dream.....
So I want to share with you all that I have one card being published in Nov./ Dec. issue of Paper Crafts Magazine. Maybe it wont interest some of you...all this talk but I really want to share this with you all personally....YAY!!!
Some wins to share:

My this card was picked here by Lisa.
My card was featured on Die-Cut-Divas blog...lovely blog and sweet sweet ladies.
I was in the Honorable mentions at Lawnscaping challenge#9.

Its becoming a long post, so I would just share a card before I leave, which I made. Here is the inspirational picture from CR84FN blog. Love those colors and I made this card within 90 minutes cos that was a challenge by Claire at Hero Arts.

 (Supplies: White cardstock, stamps all Hero Arts, Ranger distress inks, Pearls from HA, Lace and Ribbon from stash)
I used distress inks to create the background, stamped my new favorite fabric background stamp . I then colored the flowers using distress inks and then assembled all together, adhered some pearls n lace n ribbon.. Love the effect and colors. TFL

13 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Congratulations on being published Isha, that is fabulous and exciting for you. Your card is gorgeous too :)

Sue Lelli said...

Isha, LOVE howyou distress the background and all of your FAB coloring! CONGRATS on the pub! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Andrea M said...

Isha!! This card is GORGEOUS! I love the pretty damask background paired with the whimsical flowers and plaid leaves!! What a great design! Congrats on your recent success!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CR84FN! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Congratulations, Isha! I'm so happy for you for all these recent accolades! You deserve each and every one!! As long as what you do makes you happy, that is the single most important thing about this creative journey. Your card is absolutely stunning! I think you will be a winner at Hero Arts.

Mona Pendleton said...

This card is so pretty Isha! Gorgeous background and such sweet flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Dawn T said...

I am so happy for you Isha.... well deserved. Your card here is stunning. As Distress inks are a favourite of mine, I am loving this,

Deborah Frings said...

Isha - thanks for sharing your story - I know what you mean. Stamping and making cards and the lovely people on the net make me very happy too! Congrats on being published!!

Now to your stunning card - I just love it - the damask background, the distressing and those fabulous flowers! Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Tina Spohn said...

Oh hun, you deserve it so much, I love your creations.

Hugs, Tina

Sudha said...

Wow beautiful creation.

Tee said...

And another winner!! love the super super coloring..I think I'm going to be CASEing most of your cards pretty soon..as soon as I get my stash of stamps..
p.s how do you color with distress inks? any tutorial? please link me up too!!
If you win, i get half the loot...since I inspired you!! (just kidding girl..I'm sure there are many more accolades and wins coming your way!)

yyam said...

Woohoo on your fabulous news!!!! :) So excited for you!!!

A really beautiful creation! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

This is so beautiful, it just caught my eye in the gallery! Lovely use of the colors and wonderful design...great job!

Avni said...

This card is so beautiful! Love the bright colors! Your all published card really deserve the win! All the best!