Sunday, May 29, 2011

Paisley Birthday

 Sorry friends....Blogger is playing on me...its an old post which I lost during the last blogger problem and yesterday got it back...lol.

Yup!!! my 2nd. post for today, I am loving my new Penny Black Paisley BG stamp and the look of tall card. Added bonus Kathy's color combo. To give me a push...these lovely handmade flowers. So here is my entry for the color challenge at Lilypad. I made these flower as per the requirement at the Create blog. As I started with stamping from scratch, I am still collecting the basic supplies and dont have a collection of ribbons and fabric. So made this flower with felt and the inside flower with 1 inch Ribbon. Hope it would count as fabric flower. I hardly use so many layers on my card, so another new thing for me...lol.

My take:
I used markers and water to stamp the Paisley background. To me it looks so pretty that I want to flaunt its beauty. So the thought of handmade flower as an Accent seem perfect choice to me. I layered both the handemade flowers and added a button in the center. Embossed the sentiment onto the Vellum and my card is ready. I am planning to give it to a friend, who has her B'day next week.

12 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

so fresh and elegant!
Just gorgeous Isha ;-)

yyam said...

Oh my! *gasp* That bakcground is stunning Isha! :) Beautiful creation!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Isha.... I bet it makes it on Create blog too... it is stunning.

Kathy said...

This one is my favorite hands down. So elegant and dramatic too. Thrilled you created this beauty. Thanks for playing along with the Color Throw Down at the Lily Pad. :)

suzARTe said...

such a gorgeous card Isha, so great to see so many different variations of this lovely flower in the gallery.

Avni said...

Love the background and the flower u have created! WOW!

Jay Gee said...

That background is amazing Isha, gorgeous card :)

Laura Evangeline said...

Beautiful!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Isha! The sponged background is amazing, as is the handmade flower. I love it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Agata said...

It's an amazing card!!! Love the background and your handmade flower! Could you send me the exact link to the how-to, please? :)

Karen B. said...

Wow, this is surely beautiful, what a pretty mix of colors and the tall shape makes it so regal.