Monday, May 2, 2011

Oriental Thank You

I was thinking about this challenge at Allsortschallenge Blog, with theme being Oriental. My mind wandered to Oriental screen and then fabric. Over at the Moxie Fab World, Cath is having a tissue paper challenge and thought about tissue and  Faux Silk technique. So I created this card with all the elements in it and using the colors from PC Color challenge.
 Supplies: Stamps (Hero Arts, Rubber Stampede), Ranger distress ink, Perfect Pearl

 I wrinkled the tissue and then highlighted it with some distress inks. I then stamped the image with Gold and Pink inks. After that glued it to white card and added perfect pearls. I cut the strip and edged it with pink ink. I then adhered it to gold card. For the Lantern, I stamped it on Vellum and embossed it with Gold and hanged it to the thread with some bling. To finish, I added the perfect pearl powder all over the card and stamped the sentiment. Its quite difficult for me to capture the soft Pearl shine in a photo. Hopefully the close up would show it better.
I made this for a friend, who really loves Oriental theme.
TFL

10 comments:

Zoechaos said...

So much work went into this card and it was worth it the result is lovely. XOXO Zoe

yyam said...

Oh wow! This is so gorgeous! Love the sweet delicate feel! :)

brenda said...

A really super creation.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work and joining in our Oriental theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

Dawn T said...

Oh my goodness.... this card is a stunner Isha. I love your silky looking panel. What a great idea.

Shari B said...

Beautiful card...a work of art!

Debs said...

Beautifulcard -so elegant and fab technique.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
{{Debs}} xx

Monica said...

Hi, I saw your comment on Vera's blog and thought I would pay a visit. And am really glad I did... your cards are so beautiful that I have become a follower already. Would love it if you follow me back. Hehe! But no pressure.

Now I am off to see your other cards... love the softness of this card. Thanks for sharing the technique.

xxx Monica

scotspanda said...

oh wow this is gorgeous! the simplicity is perfect I love it

thankyou for joining in with my Oriental theme this week at Allsorts :o)

hugs

Amanda x

Jessica said...

Ooo what fun technique, Isha!! It goes so perfect with the paper lamp embellies. TFS :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for linking this up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)