Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Wedding Day

So, I was in front of the TV yesterday, watching the Royal wedding. I really enjoyed myself. Loved the dress, its simplicity and Elegance and softness n rich feel. So inspired by it, I made this card which is perfect for the challenge at A Passion for Papertrey.

So inspired by all the above qualities of the dress, I used the soft colors, a touch of lace and pearly sheen to my card. I stamped the Retro background stamp with soft pink ink on some pearl white paper. Stamped the Dahalia with white ep. on pink paper and colored it using medium pink pencil for some depth. I then cut some of the petals for even more depth and misted it with some Gold perfect pearl water. To finish...sentiment in Gold, some lace, bling and Twine.
It was quite difficult to photograph this card to capture the pearl sheen. Hopefully its bit better in the closeup. TFL

7 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Isha! Stunning flower!

Agata said...

Such a beautiful and soft color! I love all the shimmer, it's gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Isha! Love that beautiful bloom!

Dawn T said...

Very elegant Isha. Love the soft and pretty colours

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card! your layered bloom is beautiful!

Tina Spohn said...

Such an elegant card, Isha! Absolutely lovely.

Hugs, Tina

Aimes said...

Wasn't that dress just stunning?! I love the way it inspired you to create this beautiful card!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x