Friday, April 8, 2011

Sending you Sunshine....

Finally we can look forward for some Sunny days from tomorrow....I was feeling so happy so decided to make some cards. I wanted to play at the Challenge at Yvonne's Blog ( theme is to use little embossing and sanding)....check out, she is one super creative lady. So my color inspiration is from the challenge at wee memories.
Here is the inspiration photo:
Here is my take on it:
I took my Color Core paper( Nostalgia collection), which I was hoarding for 2 years now. Cut the strips and embossed it using the cuttle bug folder. I then made the Sun using another embossing folder. Then sanded to bring out the lovely Core colors.
To assemble, I adhered the strips and the layered Sun, then spritzt some Gold perfect pearl mist on n around the Sun. Its a bit clear in the closeup photo. Sorry for the bad photo as its quite grey at the moment.

 Paper- Colorcore ( Nostalgia), Bling, Sentiment from HeroArts, Versafine Ink

I will change the photo as soon as we get some Sun. To finish some bling and my sentiment from Hero Arts. TFL

7 comments:

Deirdre said...

Isha, love what you created - great take on the inspiration. That photo is just amazing... must pop over and see if I can create something. Have a great weekend.

yyam said...

Such a lovely creation Isha! I love the rich colors on your card! Glad you brought out your stash and started creating...;)

Thanks for playing along with my guest Debbie's challenge! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Isha! I love the sunset scene and the sentiment as a frame around the edge of the card!

Unknown said...

Hope you got some sun! Love the sun you created, such great texture. Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Tee said...

I love how you used the sentiment as a frame..super cute idea!! I'm so happy your broke out your stash! hoarding for 2 yrs? I'm on that road with Echo park little girl..its an awesome collection..you should get some!
p.s. just brought my very first hero arts image stamps!!Will take a while to reach me, but so excited its on its way to me!!! :)

dstandard said...

Oh wow love how you embossed and used the papers! Beautiful work - thanks for participating in the challenge!

alexandra s.m. said...

Excellent take on the challenge my Friend ;-)
TFS.