Monday, April 25, 2011

Enjoy...

Now this is really not normal for me 3rd. post in a day but I am loving every moment of it and hope you guys are also enjoying. Thou weather is really nice and I still have not yet put new soil and fertilizer in my Garden....
I made this card for the challenge at Lily Pad blog which is a sketch by Lucy.
 I received this lovely Penny Black stamp from a dear friend and am going to mail  this card for to my younger brother, who just changed his Job. That means its perfect for the new fun challenge ( Make-it + Mail-it) by Lisa Spanglar. A very inspirational, informative blog.
 Supplies: Paper Migros, Inks ( Ranger Distress inks, Memento Black) stamp Penny Black and Papertrey sentiment
To start with, I made my background of grass, hills and sky using various distress inks, then I masked the sky area and sprinkled some water for the effect. It looks really lovely as I tried it some days back too. The center image is stamped on white card, colored with copics and pencil colors. I paper pieced the kite for some brightness and color. To finish adhered these images with 3d foam, used the twine for the cat to hold and stamped the sentiment. I also put some glossy accent to the kite ribbons. TFL

10 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

Just ADORE this......Soooooooo cute!!

sideoats + scribbles said...

GAH!!!!! So so so cute!!! Love it!!! :)

Thanks so much for playing in the first ever Make-It + Mail-It! YAY! :)

Jana said...

What a darling card!~

Anonymous said...

This is just TOO cute! LOVE your flying cat but am amazingly impressed with your background!

Anette said...

LOVE this, Isha!!! That background is amazing, it looks like an out of focus photograph!

Marie said...

This looks soo nice! The water splashes looks great - they add a great touch =) TFS!

joy said...

Just adorable - love your coloring and the whimsy of this card.

Vicky said...

Wow Isha!!! I am speechless!!! What an amazing scene! Love your coloring and your background is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at lilypad cards!

Nancy K said...

holey moley...i simply adore this delightful card!! what a fabulous way to use Lucy's sketch! i'm so glad you played with us at the Lily Pad!

Vicky said...

Check the challenge winners Isha! You won!