Monday, April 25, 2011

ABSC036

Last day of the Spring holidays....I am so looking forward to getting back to normal routine. I love when my kids have holidays, no early morning...homework etc but I miss some ME time too...lol. Is it normal?? no idea...why worry when today was quite a productive day for me. My daughter already in bed early cos of morning school:)
So I made this card for the ABSC036 sketch challenge at Annabelle stamps. This card was 3/4th done but I thought that submission date is over, I checked today and found..I could still submit.
 Here is my take:


I used Floral Silhouettes stamp from my winning, clear embossed it on Brown cardpaper. I then cut 3 circles and colored them using distress inks (Worn lipstik, Mustard and Broken China). Now I used another stamp from the same set and stamped using the same color of Distress ink as the base circle, then stamped over this image with white ink( slightly turned it) and then again stamped over the white ink with distress ink. So basically its 3 layers of stamped image ...I really like the effect. To finish added some faux stitching, highlighted some flower edges with white pen and some pearls in the flower hearts and the side of the center piece. Adhered this to brown card base and finish. Thanks again Andrea...love this set.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This is amazing Isha, I just love it!
Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge as well :)
Andrea

A Consuming Passion said...

So glad you could play along with us this time ......we would have missed this lovely card Isha!! I love the faux stitching and the circles in place of the square. Good Luck with the challenge and look forward to seeing more of your cards.