Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Less is More

I recently came across this blog and really like it because its all about CAS and I love this style. One can say so much with so little, actually that's a great thing, if you think about it. So the challenge at Less is More to create CAS card keeping the Sentiment as focal point. Love what Chrissie and Mandi come up with every week.

Here is what I came up with...3 cards...lol. Today my mind worked and I made actually 5 cards.

1st. card: I embossed the Sentiment with Turquoise pearl embossing powder. I then stamped this butterfly with powder pink ink. Love the combo and it looks really soft and pretty in real. Simple yet effective.

 Supplies: Stamps ( Cloud9- Simple Thoughts( Happy Birthday), Hero Arts CG200) Ink Versamagic in Pink Petunia, Embossing powder from Stampendous

2nd. Card:
While I was taking out some stuff from my drawer, I came across some water soluble Crayons...I wanted to use them on my stamps for a few days now, so took out my stamp, which haven't been used for some time now and spritzt it with water, used crayons directly on the stamp and stamped on paper. I love Peacock feather and the water color effect and the 3 generations of stamped image. I then stamped the sentiments with Celebration part in 2 colors.

 Supplies: Stamps ( Cloud9 Birthday Sentiment, Judkins Peacock feather), Colorbox chalk Ink, Bling from Pizzazzaplenty.

To finish added some bling and cut the 2 corners round.

3rd. Card: This is my favorite. I wanted to make more of a graphic card. I stamped the center circular stamp with yellow ink. I then made the Sun rays using a Sentiment from Hero Arts and stamped it curved with some orange n red ink. To give some balance I stamped Hello in black. To finish a bling in the center.


Hope you like what I created. TFL.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

While each of your cards is well done and has its merits - your 3rd is a stunner! LOVE the way you combined the theme (sentiment) into the overall design as the rays of sunshine. So clever! Great job!

Chrissie said...

Goodness you've been working hard Isha! These are lovely cards... I think that the first one is my favourite, the butterflies are really delicate looking!
DO join us again next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jay Gee said...

Great job with all these card Isha! My favorite is the first one - it's really lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wow what gorgeous Cards! Thank your for sharing
-Alteredscrap.com

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Isha! These three CAS cards are so gorgeous yet so different! The sun shine with the rays is truly a lovely design!

Tee said...

You're on a roll girl..love all of them..the sun with its sentiment rays is my favorite..no wait, i love the one with peacock feathers..I give up..I love all 3!! :)

Sudha said...

Wow, pretty creations.

Dawn T said...

awesome cards Isha. So cleverly designed.

Lynne K said...

Wow! All so different, but all lovely. The sunshine one is very clever, but I think the butterfly one is my favourite.
Lynne x

Jane said...

Beautiful cards, I love them all xx

Sue said...

Beautiful creations. I think the butterfly one is my fav. Sue.x

Jenny said...

absolutely fab cards especially the sun card. I think this is so clever and perfect for the challenge :)
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

Three lovely cards, but the sun is definitely my favourite. very original. x

Aileen said...

Wow that's busy! First card has my vote, a lovely softness to it.

Mandi said...

Hi Isha
Great to see you
I love the first butterfly card, the sentiment really stands out as the focal point
Perfect! thank you
mandi
Less is More

Rachelxx said...

Beautiful cards :-) Love the last one with the rays as the sentiment - very clever :-)

Pauline said...

Three wonderful cards, my fave is the peacock feather, I love them!

Susan said...

All beautiful cards! Looks like lots of work...but definitely worth it!

My name is Erika. said...

Very clever card. I love how you created the sun in the corner. One of my favorites I've ever seen on this site.