Friday, March 17, 2017

Origami Love: Hello

Hello Everyone, today I have a fun card to share created with the very new Origami Love collection by Richard Garay. It has all the playful and colorful fun elements. Totally adorable :) This collection is so versatile but for today, I just wanted to have some fun with this gorgeous butterfly.




To create this card, I stamped the butterfly image and colored it using markers. I then die-cut it using the coordinating die.
I then cut an oval using the patterned paper. Applied a drop of color splash and a little water to a packaging sheet and smooshed this to the oval to get some color.
In the similar way, I created the pink panel. Here I used Bubble gum silk for color.
I then cut 2 stripes of patterned paper and adhered it onto the white mat layer.
I then stamped and embossed the sentiment onto a black cardstock.
To finish, I simply added a bit of Jean cord under the Butterfly image.


Here is the full list of supplies:

Other than this I also used some Fun Stampers Journey products as well

Whip Cream Card Stock
Black Licorice Card Stock
Color Splash Sheets
Journey Turbo Teal Color Splash
Bubble Gum Silk
White Embossing Powder
True Color Fusion Black Licorice Ink
Clear Pigment Ink
White Liner Tape

Have a nice day and have fun crafting!!!

14 comments:

Sharie said...

LOve your butterfly

Rosemary said...

You should do the right thing and give the creator of this Butterfly credit! Her name is Evi Binzinger of Germany.!

Nick Robinson said...

It's not right to take someone else's work without permission, the butterfly is by Evi Binzinger....

Susanna said...

It is not clear to me that you used a ready-made pattern of the butterfly or you made it yourself. Anyhow, the butterfly's copyright belongs to Evi Binzinger, a wellknow origami artist, who deserves the credit for her own creation. Do the right thing please, ask permission before you use someone else's creation.

emmajg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes, the butterfly is very lovly. Because it is created by EVI BINZINGER of Germany.
It is not in order that a model is used without asking the authors.

Rose Curtis said...

Hey Everyone,
The butterfly is an actual rubber stamp that was designed/drawn by Andie Hanni for RG Richard Garay Origami Love... I am the Product Manager for RG Richard Garay and I have the artwork which was designed by Andie Hanni. She is an amazing graphic artist...she designs fabric and all kinds of pretty things for product lines all over the US!
The RG Richard Garay line is based in Phoenix, AZ! You can see the stamp and thin metal die that Isha used to create her card with in her photos. You can purchase them in the online store.

Unknown said...

Hello Rose and everyone else
It may be that an Andie has drawn lines. But the model of Evi Binzinger was used. And Evi has not given a license.
But you can purchase a license from Evi.

Unknown said...

Hello!
Can you please agree on who made the drawings? Andie Hanni or Tenia Nelson. But no matter. Richard Garay is the principal. He is responsible.

emmajg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Curtis said...

Yes Sorry our graphic designer is Andie Hanna!

Rosemary said...

It does not matter who the graphic designer is Rose Curtis, the butterfly is a model created by Evi Binzinger. So whoever Andie Hanna is or this Richard fellow is ... I strongly suggest you contact Evi Binzinger for licensing. No impressed at all!

artist said...

I am Evi Binzinger, a graduate graphic-designer and artist from Germany. I created this butterfly origami model, which your design is based on, in February 2011. Leyla Torres published a tutorial with my permission, exclusively for non-commercial usage.
I never gave my permission for making illustrations, stamps or whatever of it, especially i didn't authorize Andie Hanna to use my diagram for this purpose! Is there no copyright law in your country?

emmajg said...

I fully support Evi and I see you've removed my previous comments. I don't understand why fellow designers and artists don't support other designers and artists.
We all know who the true designer of this butterfly is and it would be nice for you to acknowledge this too