Hello, crafty friends! Today I'm sharing another Christmas card using Pinkfresh Studio products, that pairs soft blush pink with glowing gold, and it uses one of my favorite hot foil tricks: negative foiling. If you've ever peeled a used foil sheet off your plate and thought it looked too pretty to throw away, this technique is for you.
If you saw my last post, then you know I used a lot of foiling of my images. Hence it's a good way to use up all those foiled leftovers....lol
With regular hot foiling, the foil sticks wherever the design on your press plate is raised, so you get a foiled pattern on plain cardstock. Negative foiling flips that around. The background is covered in foil, and the design stays the color of your cardstock.
On this card, that means a shimmering gold holographic panel with crisp white stripes and little sparkling stars running through it. It gives you the look of a busy patterned background without any stamping or masking.
To frame the background, I die cut a window from pink cardstock with deckled edge die. That torn-paper look adds a handmade touch and keeps the card from feeling too formal next to all that shine. I adhered the foiled panel behind the window and mounted everything onto a white card base.
The star of the card is the watercolor greenery wreath from Seasonal Sprigs washi. The leaves have delicate gold details and tiny red berries that tie in with the warm gold background. I popped the wreath up with foam adhesive so it casts a soft shadow onto the foil.
For the sentiment, I used "Sending Christmas cheer" from Festive Flourish press plate. I foiled the words in matte gold on white cardstock, die cut them, and layered a red die cut behind the word "Christmas" and "cheer" as a shadow for extra pop. The sentiment sits across the center of the wreath, and a little extra foam tape lifts it above the leaves.
Pink and gold might not be traditional Christmas colors, but they feel so fresh together. The red berries and red sentiment shadow still say "holiday," while the blush frame keeps the card soft and modern. And the negative foiling gives you two panels from one foiling session, which I'll always count as a win.
Supplies are listed below for your help.
Thank you so much for stopping by! If you give negative foiling a try, I'd love to see what you make. Tag me so I can cheer you on.



No comments:
Post a Comment