Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In time....


I had this image in my mind as soon as I saw these different color combo and challenge here at Playdatecafe.I have to say I forgot all about it as my daughter was down with fever and wouldnt let me make cards....but suddenly I remembered the day and kept hoping that I am not late....so I checked the entry date and started the journey of my VISION.
Here are the challenge colors.

...and here is what I came up with
I started with taking a white card and distressing it with some distress inks. I then used the kissing technique, I saw a while back from Jennifer Mcguire video. Used a stamp from Inkadinkado. Love the effect it gave to the distressed background. I then embossed the HA butterfly from Antique engraving set( love it) with crystal Black ep. Cut it around the edges and stuck it in a 3D way. Sentiment is again from HA.

These are the closeups of my butterfly. Hope you like this card made in a hurry from the imaginary image in my head...lol.



The second card is also distressed in the same way as the first and then I took my favorite Old letter writting HA stamp and stamped parts of my BG with Broken china and Peeled paint distress inks. I also used the screen shadow HA stamp the same way, stamped in parts. My focal point is cut with white paper, edged with pale blue pigment ink and shaped in a flower. In the center I put a green button and put some stickles on it to give a touch of blue/green glimmer. The birds and the butterfly are again from HA stamp set Antique engravings and the sentiment is HA too.


Here is a closeup of my flower









Hope you like my cards and TFL.Please leave comment, if you like them.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice card. Warm and soothing is how i feel when I look at it, rich colors, I like the whole concept and the white flower makes it!
Nice Job.
Donna

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful distressed background, love the flourish trail from your butterfly and the blossom on your second card. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my! That background you created is fabulous! Love how the colors all blend so flawlessly! Thanks for playing at the PDCC :)

Suzanne C said...

These are so stunning! Love the mix of colors! Thanks for playing in the PDCC this week!

Sarah Anderson said...

great backgrounds! they really make for beautiful cards, thanks for playing at the play date cafe :)

Ruby said...

Very pretty cards! I love the backgrounds and the way your flower stands out in the second card, lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Unknown said...

These are both gorgeous, Isha! Love your backgrounds, hummers, butterflies and flower! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

Heather T said...

Your backgrounds are stunning, both cards are very inspiring.