Monday, May 17, 2010

OLW 4 (2 cards)

This week I gave a try to this new challenge at Susan Raihala's blog. This week the challenge is to use Ribbons, so here is my first card
I made 4 holes in the center and pot the thin ribbon and made knots,like the effect. I stamped the flower and leaf from HA stamps on vintage cream card and gave a light water color effect.
Here you can see what I mean with 4 holes in the center.

For this second card I made this tiny flower on the cute girls hairband with a thin ribbon. I found the tutorial at youtube. I colored it with Copics and absolutely love them. Actually my second try with them.

Here you can see the closeup. Hope you will like what I created. TFL and leave your comments as to what you think.
Off to the kitchen now, as kids would be hungry in a while......
I have some more ideas running thru my head, so hopefully will get some time to play around...lol.

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Both cards are adorable, and that ribbon treatment on the flower card is genius! I also like how you used the apron border punch to give both cards a little something extra that is still delightfully clean and simple! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

Lauralee said...

That is so cute!! What a great idea. And you obviously are a natural for copics - thanks for setting the bar so high! LOL :)

Susie said...

Such adorable cards. Great job on the challenge.