Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hero Arts Sketch

Hello my friends, hope you all are busy with whatever you like doing:) I just want to share a card I made for the currant Hero Arts sketch challenge. I was itching to play with my new stamp from the win but somehow these weeks before the Summer break is just flying by.

I used the Top left sketch and turned it at 90° clockwise...I used the Sun for the Big Orange square on the right and the Trees in between the row of Houses for the vertical columns. The Blue column is the big house with birds flying over it:) I used some Washi tape sent to me by my very sweet friend Janet from the Hero Arts flickr group. Thanks a ton Janet. You are one of the sweetest.


 I used some glossy accent on the windows and the doors of the houses.

I mased and used the new Spring distress ink in Lemonade for the Sun. Its such a nice soft color. For the rays I did some hand stitching. 
 
 

 Hope you like what I created. Thanks for dropping by. I wont be quite regular for about a week as lots happening here at my daughters school. Do stop by as I have a few exciting happenings too...wink...wink

17 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww how cute...i love these little houses and that sun is adorable...awesome card... :)

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful scene!! I like how you used colored these houses Lovely use of the Washi tape, too!

Jay Gee said...

What a fabulous scene Isha! The hand stitching on the sun is very cool and the washi tape makes great grass :)

Karen B. said...

What a delightful scene card!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Isha! The washi tape and the floss sunrays are perfect. You're so creative!!!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Isha. love the hand stitching on your sun.

TesaB said...

Ohhh, what a FAB card!!! Great stamping and stitching!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, Isha - this is gorgeous! Love how you coloured the row of houses (I would love to live there) - reminds me of the Painted Ladies, in San Francisco!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love how you colored in the houses and hand stitched the sun - clever!

alexandra s.m. said...

lovely card Isha and I love how you have created great texture and added visual interest with these Fab' details!

Have a great week-end!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, this is one lovely neighbourhood, Isha! I can't believe I haven't inked up this set yet. The sun's rays and torn washi are fabulous little details. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches July Release Hop!

Alice said...

this is fabulous, Isha! love your take on the sketch and i adore the row of houses! super card!

yyam said...

Wow! Beautiful coloring! ;)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Creative stitching on the sun that is shining down on this adorable neighborhood!

Shelly said...

Great card!! :) A lot of details in it...and all worth it (if you ask me)!! :)

Ally said...

that's so brilliant, Isha, I love the lane that you've created! Hugs, Alessandra

Agata said...

That's a very creative approach to this sketch! I love all the little details you've added!