Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Growing In Unity {Day 3}


This is my 2nd. post for today. For the Lil' Inker Design Release Day 3 please click HERE.

So, here I come again for my Day 3 of Growing In Unity feature. Pls. click here for  Day 1 and  Day 2 


Today is special for me because I have a post on Unity Blog just for me :)
I created a mixed media art for you today. It's something you can frame. I removed it out of it just to take a photo without the glare. I did some paper piecing onto those flags as well. The flower stamps were a gift from a very special friend :)

Playing along the challenge at Simon says Stamp blog: Anything Goes






As part of GIU, I can have a giveaway sponsored by Unity. One lucky person will win two Itty Bitty stamps of their choice. FUN!!! isn't it ;) To enter to win, leave a comment on this post . Each day, you can leave another comment on my GIU posts to increase your chances to win. I would also like if you follow my blog.  All comments must be in by 9:00 AM CST on Saturday, and I'll be randomly drawing a name on Saturday noon. Make sure come back n check.

Supplies:

Cardstock: (Black) Neenah, (watercolor paper) Canson; Stamps: (From Head to Soul- March KOM 2012, Bella Fiori) Unity Stamp Co.; Inks: (Archival jet black) Ranger; Pattern paper: (Off beat) Basic Grey; Gesso; Tissue paper;  Coloring medium: (blue, yellow,red- mixes media sampler) Faber Castell; (Mini chunky Cheveron template) Crafters workshop

44 comments:

Wida said...

This is so cool! I thought it was stamped, but the I read it was mixed media. I didn't know you knew how to do that!!! This is cool!

Wida said...

Now I realized that I said this is cool twice! Well it is...

Karenladd said...

Wow, I really love this!! So artsy and fun!

Glenda J said...

This is amazing!!! Totally rockin' the mixed media! I wish I could pull this off. WOW!

Unknown said...

How fun is this! I would love to have this hanging in my home...so creative!

Kris B said...

Wow, Isha, this is amazing! I love it! I am very intimated when someone says mixed media, so I've never tried it yet. I love the results! Wonderful! TFS God bless!!

{VICKI} said...

OMG!
LOVE this!

Crystal said...

This is gorgeous! I love the design and the colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Some mix media is to much, but you did it just right and it looks very nice.

Emily Leiphart said...

A stunning piece of art, Isha! Wow, amazing stamp layering. You really can do everything and rock it!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the colors of your mixed media piece! Very nice... The paper pieced banner is so fun!
DeniseB

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

such a nice n beautiful piece of mix media art...loved it n colors too....came here thru FB...N so happy to join you...indians rocks everywhere...

Amber Sheaves said...

This is gorgeous, Isha. It would make a very lovely gift too, it's so pretty. That paper-pieced banner is perfect.

Julie Odil said...

This is one of my favorite all-time banners. Love that you used it on a mixed media project!

Sanketi said...

WOW! ..love the mixed media Isha!

Ruby said...

Wow This is a great art piece. Love what you have done. TFS

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the texture on the grass and love the stamps you used too!

sharon g said...

The sketchy banner looks so cool. I love the look.

mlady012 said...

Very cool...Love the banner !!

Natasha G.P. said...

I like the artsy look of this. The colors and stamped images look so pretty.

Ava Gavloski said...

isha, very nice work showcasing the unity
ava g

Natalie said...

This is so sweet! Love the mixed media! Very creative.

Sue D said...

wonderful framed piece. I like the paper pieced flags and the cute flowers.

Anonymous said...

Love your work
Why dont you try to make a video that will explain how you did your beautifull card?????
Thanks so much for sharing

Carol said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats Isha!
You are so talented!
You shine no matter what style you choose to use!
a true artist!

Anonymous said...

Great card. You can see the gentle breeze in the air. The flowers are growing. Lovely colors.

Emily said...

Love this creation!!!

canadian_liner said...

Isha, You NEED to do a tutorial on how you achieved some of those effect...tissue paper? Gesso? Your fans would love some step-by-step photos... What a lovely image!

Sabrina said...

What a great card! I love the sentiment!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow you created such an awesome mixed media look...great.

SHartl said...

I never work in mixed media but wow, this makes me want to jump in and give it a try! So beautiful!

Dawn T said...

Awesome work Isha. Lovely project. It would look awesome on the craft room wall.

Scrappin' Diva said...

What a great project. Love it!

jengd said...

That's lovely! Fantastic colors and style!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

beautiful project!

Julie said...

Love this card, I wish you had instructions on how you created this. It is pretty...

Keepsakes said...

Great card. Do post a tutorial when you have the time. Would love to learn mixed media!

Sathya said...

Lovely mixed media art...Great bg :)

Bhawana said...

amazing..... never tried this mixed media.... u made it so cheery..

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is stunning, Isha. Definitely frame-worthy!

PJ said...

wow so artsy ! Love the colorful look ! such great stamps !

Jingle said...

Isha, this is absolutely STUNNING! Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Joy said...

Gorgeous Isha, love the mixed media look.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog