Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Smile and Laugh

Hello everyone!!! So the Spring break started today and actually it was quite warm and nice. I checked the weather and by weekend it's gonna be wet and cold again, so I decided to enjoy a bit. It was a happy day!
I get to put this wonderful honor on my sidebar. Thank you Paper Craft Magazine.



Alright, I am guest designing for the challenge blog "Cards und More" and the challenge is to create a scene. How could I not create a Spring scene with a lovely flower and butterflies, the sky, greens, and that too while playing with my new Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft goodies. I used some Gelatos, PITT Big Brush Pens, PITT Artist Pen. Love how we can mix and match these products to achieve the desired effect. As you know, I tend towards Clean and Simple and here it is again....a CAS mixed media scene. I have my daughters in mind, while creating this as they would always make me laugh and smile. So this page is dedicated to my dear daughters :)
I have to buy an actual journal book for myself now as I am loving these products so much and just want to keep playing...lol



I used my favorite stamp by Hero Arts.

Playing along the following challenges too.

Hero Arts Monthly challenge: Just for Her (this is for my daughters)
Simon Says Blog: April showers/ Spring flowers
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Background (I used my old letter writing bg stamp to give some dimension to the background)
Moxie Fab World: Watercolor challenge (I used my Gelatos and Pitt Pens with water to color my flower and background)

Supplies: Stamps: Hero Arts (Old letter writing, Etched medallion, CL549,CL428 ); Gesso, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft: Gelato (Greens, 50's Diner, Blues), PITT Big Brush Pen (Black, Reds), PITT Artists Journaling Pen.


33 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, Isha - this is truly marvelous!! FC will be thrilled even more now, having you on their team! BEAUTIFUL :)

Lindsey said...

Woot woot for the new addition to your sidebar! And for the guest DT spot. Your art today is absolutely beautiful.

joy said...

Stunning!! Love the beautiful colors you've achieved with the F/C products. Congrats on the guest designer spot!

Rachel said...

Oh isha this is gorgeous!!! I love your artwork here :-)

Piali said...

GORGEOUS!!!!
Congrats...Yay for the blog roll!!!

LauraJane:) said...

STUNNING! the Etched medallion NEVER looked better!

~amy~ said...

**gorgeous**

Unknown said...

Just beautiful...the colors...mixed media...perfect sentiment!

Dawn T said...

Amazing Isha. Your flower is just stunning. And love the background.

Jingle said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I just love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Sanketi said...

Love it Isha and Congrats!

Claudia said...

Hi Isha, this is such a lovely creation. Your colouration is fantastic and the colours so great.

Hugs Claudia

alexandra s.m. said...

This is simply amazing Isha!
TFS~

Tasnim said...

Oh wow! So beautiful and so inspiring!

Cindy C. said...

Wow beautiful piece of artwork!!

Sandra said...

This is gorgeous! Love the intriguing background! Wow, the flower is absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely gorgeous art journalling, Isha! This is my favourite thing you've ever made. I think you may have found your niche. ;)

Paru Mahtani said...

wow!! Your card is stunning!! The colouring is fab!!

Tracy said...

these are just beautiful

Jacqueline said...

This is SO gorgeous!

maria f. said...

This is wonderful, Isha.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love your journal book Isha - so beautifully colored!

Anonymous said...

I love this; especially the outline method of the flower contrasted with the spontaneous background; the sentiment is cool.

Monique said...

This is absolutely stunning. Beautifull flower and colours. I adore the little butterflies in the background.

Leni said...

Love the spring colors! Great flower. I like the artistic look! Great result!

Cathy said...

This is beautiful Isha, your colouring is amazing!

Shemaine Smith said...

This is stunning! Beautiful job!

Tracey said...

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!! Isha I so LOVE this project! The red flower is over the moon FAB! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Sandy said...

OMG!!!! Your art work is so beautiful. I am now subscribing to your blog - you have a new fan and follower. I love your art work!!
Sandy

Candy C said...

Isha...a huge congratulations on your Simon Says Stamp and Show win of the $50.00 credit voucher. Your submission to last week's challenge is simply stunning. I love that you dedicated it to your daughters, especially with that sweet sentiment! Such a lovely page. <3 Candy

Maura said...

Beautiful! Congrats on your win at SSS!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Love it....

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)