Monday, March 30, 2020

WOW! Embossing Powder & Whimsy Stamps Collaboration Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the WOW! Embossing Powder and Whimsy Stamps collaboration blog hop. It was so much fun combining the products from both the companies. 



You should have come here from Lori U’ren's blog. If not start at the WOW! Embossing Powder blog.
  I have two cards for you today :)

Card 1 - I started by using the  leaves from the Layered Peruvian Lily to create the background. I stamped the leaves in WOW! slow drying ink and embossed using the Montserrat, Dominica embossing powders. I then tore a vellum stripe to ground the word SMILE. For that I used the Smile Word Die, applied the slow drying ink and embossed it using Black Magic embossing powder. I repeated the process 2 more times so that we get some dimension to the word. Adhere the word to the stripe. Mat this layer with black cardstock and adhere to a white cardbase.


Love the effect :)


For my next card, I created a background wash using green watercolor, let it dry and flick some gold ink to it. I then die-cut the word SMILE and embossed it the same way as my first card. Now, I stamped and embossed the flower and the leaves using  Black Glint and Lime Rickey embossing powders. 
I then die-cut 2 circle frames using circle dies and adhere it to the card and embossed one of the circle using Pink Sherbert embossing powder. I then applied a light wash of pink color to the flower and created the cluster. Assemble the card.

Love the glitter of the Lime Rickey embossing powder.


Gorgeous Flower and the word SMILE.


Your next stop on the hop is
Iris Wiechmann's blog.
 
There are two prizes which means two winners!!!! YAY!!!
WOW! Embossing Powders has 6 powders of your choosing along with a WOW carry case to store your powders safely in.
Whimsy Stamps is giving away a $25 gift certificate to their store.
To join this GIVEAWAY you must leave a comment on the designer's blog post and each comment you leave is an entry for a chance at getting your hands on these prizes.
This hop is open internationally.
The Winners will be chosen at random in the week of the of 8th of April from the comments left on THE POSTS.
 
 Enjoy the hop and have a nice day!

39 comments:

Heather said...

Isha, these are gorgeous... love the lime green one especially! Heather x

Verity Biddlecombe said...

Two lovely cards Isha!

ionabunny said...

Beautiful cards. That black magic smile is awesome What a cool effect. Hugz

MicheleS said...

Love your cards Isha. That Smile die has just been added to my wish list!

Andrea Shell said...

Lovely cards! I love how you created your own patterned paper on the first, and the watercolor wash on the second really draws the eye!

Lisa Mensing said...

Beautiful cards! The smile is stunning but I'm really loving that bright green background!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful cards, Isha. Love those colors (oh that green!) and pretty details.

berucrafts said...

Hi Isha, what for wonderful cards you made. Hugs Ute

Linda Vigil said...

So beautiful....especially Love the 2ns card, the full flower, the contrast, the card itself just stunning. :)

MadeByMeghanK said...

Both are beautiful! I LOVE the smile die and the way you used the vellum!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Very cool cards, love the tranquil feel of the first one, but the black glintz is soooo pretty too

Renae said...

Great cards!

Brandi R said...

Beautiful cards. LOVE that black magic embossing powder ♥

McStamper said...

Love your pretty cards.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous creations, I especially love the beautiful green background card!

Amber Rain Davis said...

I always love your soft color palettes, Isha! Beautiful cards.

Shar Zar said...

Your cards are always so beautiful.

Ms. Tamp said...

I like the effect that the black magic embossing powder adds.

Mstamoulis03 said...

Love these card a Isha. Love the shuttle look of the first and the vibrant of the second..

Sue said...

Hi Isha, your cards are beautiful. I love the backgrounds you created and the gorgeous embossed sentiments.
Sue...xxx

Annette Reed said...

Beautiful cards. That Black Magic EP looks really cool with the gold in it.

Karthikha said...

Ooh these cards are awesome! Love all the embossing, and the beautiful shimmer and shine :)

gail said...

both excellent uses of subtle embossing

sharon g said...

I am definitely going to try that technique with embossing. NICE

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful cards and I love the soft look of the first one. That Black Magic is awesome. Great job!

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards. I like the colors and sparkle.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, so elegant and beautiful Isha. The soft colours are dreamy and beautiful in the first, but I adore that lime splash in the second. So lovely! xoxo

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Beautiful yummy colors and cards!! The lime splash is my favorite!! Bold and beautiful!

Nicole said...

This is awesome! Thanks for the giveaway!

Lori said...

These are so beautiful! I'm loving that lime green on your card!

Valerija said...

Wow! Those colours are amazing. Love your cards.
Valerija xx

Bev said...

Such beautiful cards

Riikka Kovasin said...

So beautiful and elegant! I looove the watercolor in the other one!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Ok.. So I did smile when I saw your card. Love what you did with the sentiment. TFS

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS cards!
LOVE the colours and designs of both, especially your STUNNING "smile" sentiments - they are FILLED with WOW and sure make me smile :)
Thank you for sharing!

Iris Wiechmann said...

Such pretty cards Isha. Love that green 'swoon'!

Dorothy Green said...

So pretty! I love the soft colors of the butterflies and the color combo of the second card... very arresting!

Tina Z. said...

wow, so beautiful!

LIZARD said...

I adore the powder that you used on the smile words! That powder is my new favorite! I love the flecks of gold in it. I really like your cards and the use of vellum to showcase your 'smile'!!! Hugs!