Thursday, June 18, 2020

Studio Katia: Wonderful Day Card

Hello everyone! I am on Studio Katia blog today with a summer theme card. I have created an alcohol pearl ink background and then added some foiling accent using one of the stencils. I am waiting for summer to come hence I used the sweet images from "Under the Sea" stamp set, which I colored in using the no-line copic coloring technique. 


I started by creating my technique layer, for which I added alcohol pearl inks to yupo paper. I actually swiped the colors across the paper and let it dry. The colors I used are (Villainous, Deception, Sublime, Enchanted, Splendor, Sail Boat Blue). Now, I added some of the Deco transfer gel through the Mini Arcs stencil and let it dry for a few hours or until the gel turns transparent and tacky. I then used Snowy White Fab foil by WOW! Embossing Powder, put on top of the stenciled area (mat side down) and ran it through my laminator. Remove the foil and we get this beautiful 3dimensional texture with the subtle pearl effect from the alcohol pearl layer. 


Stamp the images using a very light grey ink onto a copic friendly paper. Draw the eyes using copic multi-liner pen. Color in the images and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. Adhere to the layer using 3D foam tape and apply clear shimmer pen from Nuvo.

Stamp and emboss the sentiment. Adhere the panel to a white cardbase. Adhere the sentiment stripe. To finish, add some Icy Sparkle Crystals (one of my favourites). Thank you for dropping by! Have a nice crafty day!

No comments: