Thursday, February 24, 2011

I am happy to Challenge myself...

Well, its gonna be part 1 of my long post...so many things and cards to share. For now, I had this thought for a few days now and the challenge at CREATE blog and Yvonne's blog ( Erika's challenge: to make something distressed n grungy) gave me perfect opportunity to challenge myself cos I usually dont make this style.

The challenge at CREATE is to use Washi tape....now we dont get it and I used my old favorite watercolor masking tape, which I stamped with Heroarts stamp. Love the way it turned out.

 Supplies: Paper Migros, Distress inks Ranger, Stamps: all Hero Arts( CL311, CL155, CL375, CL383, S5216, S4878)
I used several distress inks to create the background, then I kissed it with Heroarts background stamp spritzt with water. Then some drops of water and used couple more stamps to get the effect. I colored my butterfly using copics and distress inks, used crackle paint for the soft crackle effect. Adhered some button, glass beads and yes my shrinky film flower. I really like the way it looks.

8 comments:

yyam said...

Oh wow! I love how you've interpreted the challenge Isha! You've made distressed and grungy look so pretty! And I love how you stamped the tape and pleated it! A really lovely composition!

Thanks for playing along with my guest Erika's challenge! :)

Dawn T said...

Great card Isha.... certainly not your usual style but stunning never the less!!!! Love your distress background.

Sudha said...

Lovely creation Isha. So artistic.

Jinny Newlin said...

I spy a CARDS Challenge feature! Congratulations, Isha! This card has such fantastic texture and color! Gorgeous! Thank you so much, too, for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. You're too kind!

Avni said...

Congratulations! Beautiful card! LOve the way u have placed those tiny beads..

Smita said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the tape! Congrats :-)

Virginia L. said...

Belated congrats on being featured in CARDS blog! Way to go, Isha!

jintyoo7 said...

Isha, this is so beautiful, a real work of art. It might be a change in direction for your talent but a definite winner :o)