Friday, March 13, 2015

Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Day 2 of the Whimsy Stamps clear stamps and dies release Blog Hop! 

Today I am featuring this cute and adorable stamp "Into the Woods clear stamp set" and "Woodland Critters" die set.
First I was thinking of making a shaker card but the matching dies took me in a different direction. I did a partial die-cutting technique for my card. 

I die-cut a frame and then to get this dimension, depth, I simply stamped the tree trunk, leaves and florals. Then I sponged some ink. To mute the background a bit, I adhered a layer of vellum and embossed  the sentiment  onto it. I partially die-cut the deer and the rabbit and then cut the hill...it's more clear in the close up. Then I stamped the images onto it. I then sponged some ink for the grass and adhered 2 mushrooms onto this panel. I then used some 3D foam and adhered this panel onto the cardbase. Finally, I used a bit thicker 3d foam and adhered it onto the cardbase.




 These 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 die sets are on sale in the store right now! 



Also, there's a chance to WIN a $15 gift certificate to the Whimsy Store today and all you have to do is leave a comment on each and every one of the blog hop participants.  So check out the amazing creations using some of the new clear stamp release sets! Below is the list of all the participants:


Supplies:



22 comments:

Barbara said...

Very cute!

Laura said...

Wow - how really cute, using the vellum. Creates a 3-D landscape. nicely done - especially the flowers and mushrooms.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is super cute, Isha! I love the vellum overlay!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love the partial die cutting and the vellum to soften the scene.

Sue C. said...

Isha, beautiful card, love the vellum and the cute animals!

*Vicki* said...

Such an adorable scene!! I love how the vellum softens up the background!! So pretty!

auntbubbels said...

Adding the vellum gives it a completely different look and I really like it.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! I love your vellum technique! Beautiful card!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the silhouettes of the animals.
great card
thanks for sharing

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love how the vellum softens the scene. Great card

Lisa Lara said...

Gasp! This is beautiful Isha. I love how you used the vellum.

Iris said...

So cute - love the animals.
isoscia at aol dot com

Patty said...

Very cool technique muting the background with vellum!! Looks like a morning mist/fog in the background & the deer & bunny up & running around in the early morning!!

Shelly said...

So super CUTE, Isha!

Brandi R said...

Cute cute card! Love it ♥

Heather North said...

Nice woodland scene you've created, Isha. I love the way the vellum makes the landscape fade into the background.

Natalie said...

Really cute cards I love the wood creatures.

Dawn T said...

what a delightful card Isha. Love the soft background.

Sue D said...

Lovely scene--I like the use of vellum.

Unknown said...

Your card is just darling. I love that little bunny and the vellum over the flowering tree is just everything.

Jennifer Hovermale said...

I love the look of the background stamped, then the vellum, and finally the die cut images on top!!! I have never heard of partial die cutting before. That is definitely a technique that I will have to look up and try.

Melanie-Jane said...

So cute Isha !! Love the fact that you used vellum makes it very "edel".
The bunny and Bambi are so sweet.

Whishing you a great week.
Melanie-Jane