Friday, August 21, 2015

A Note of Thanks



Hello Everyone, Today I have a card to share. Now this is something I am really enjoying these days....using my beautiful patterned papers, which I've been hoarding for ages and BOY!!! does it feel good to use them :)

So I used this sketch by The Freshly Made Sketches. They are having a celebration for the 200th. sketch and there are lots of sponsors with prizes :)


I used this new stamp set and dies by SugarPea Designs. I created the patterned paper background using the pencil die from "notebook journal book die". Flicked some black ink onto the white cardbase. Then to create the border for the vellum, I used the edge of the notebook die. I die-cut the ampersand using glitter paper by DCWV and the sentiments are from "Take Note" stamp.



The patterned paper is from one of the Studio Calico card kits!!

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Such a fun and fabulous card, Isha!
Happy Friday!

Linda Callahan said...

funky background! Love it! Such a bright happy card! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 200th!

MBakeler said...

Isha, what a wonderful card. Did you stitch the vellum also? I really need to try to work with vellum so that I can strive towards cards like yours! Loving this.

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a cool card! I love the fun background and the vellum notebook layer just ties your theme all together! Thanks for joining us for our 200th challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is totally amazing! I am loving your attention to detail with those fabulous embellishments you've used. Thanks for joining in with our 200th challenge at FMS this week!

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful card Isha! Love your take on the sketch!

Jen Timko said...

That background is such fun! Love this card. Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

Taunya Butler said...


Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! So, so cool and wonderfully done!! Love the papers and the way it all comes together to make a stellar card!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com

Christine Traversa said...

Cool background!