Saturday, August 1, 2015

Virginia's Challenge August Guest

Hello Everyone!! I just noticed my scheduled post didn't go live :(
Anyhoo, I am so excited to be guesting at Virginia's View August Challenge. I am so honored when Virginia asked me. I love her challenges and try my best to play along whenever time permits :) She is such a wonderful person and is über talented.


The challenge this month is all about embellishments. You can find all the details HERE.


This time the challenge is to use Embellishments on your cards...now, there are so many kinds of embellishments to choose from but I wanted to challenge myself. I had these beautiful flowers ephemera pack from Michaels. I like some of the flower colors but not others, so I made a cluster and used the colors I like and used only the leaves of the flowers I didn't like. To create an artistic look, I created a mat layer out of watercolor paper, stamped and embossed the word happy, and then did a watercolor wash to give some color. I cut a vellum frame and then placed my flower cluster. To balance the design, I used some scrap patterned paper stripes with the sentiment banner and this cute tiny butterfly. To finish, I used a tiny bit of yellow twine and some sequins.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Check out the challenge at Virginia's View and play along by adding some fun embellishments to your project! You have the whole month of August to play!

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

saw this on the blog... it's a beautiful card Isha.

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card Isha...love those big blooms! Congrats!!!!

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a great card!