Friday, May 1, 2020

Studio Katia - Hello Mixed Media Card

Hello everyone! Today I am on Studio Katia blog with a cute mixed media card. Hope you all are staying safe, our lock down easing phase has started so hoping all will stay fine. I love creating mixed media, so decided to create a card using the technique :)


To start, I made a black cardbase. Now, I took a watercolor paper and added a wash of gesso. Now, I added a wash of distress ink to create the background. I then die-cut the micro hexagon cover plate die from white cardstock.

Stamp the images from the whimsical Town stamp using fossilized amber distress ink, let dry. Tear the cover plate die-cut and adhere onto the card using gel medium.

Stamp the cute little bee and flower from the Honey Bees stamp set, color using copic markers and die-cut using the coordinating dies. Adhere to the card.


To finish, I adhered some of the Frost chunky glitter to the bee wings and onto the card at few places.

Thank you for dropping by! Have a nice crafty day!

1 comment:

Michelle Patricia Anders said...

Love the stamp background, would never have thought of that.