Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh what Fun it is to Ride.......Sleigh!!!

Today after so many days, there was some Sunshine but to my surprise my happiness was short lived because I was determined to take the photo of this special card( which is also a Decoration piece for my side Table) in the bright Sunlight for the last three days. Anyhow....finally I had to do it in dull light :(
Nevermind, I want to share it, thou it's a long post but I hope you would enjoy: 

 I started with the outside of this long card by stamping the Holiday house, then masked the houses and stamped the Pine tree from the same stamp set using pine needle and peeled paint Distress inks. Stamped the snowflakes in both the sizes. I then colored the houses and used glitter for the snow and glossy accent to give that shine on Windows and Door. I used another glitter for the Glittery snow. To finish, some small Rhine stones on the big Snowflakes and Stickles on the smaller. You can see the effect on the closeup.


Now hold on...lets see whats inside??? let me open it for you:)
 Here it is...my first pop-up card. Isn't it cute? So for the inside, I stamped these cute Deer on Kraft paper and did a bit shading with color pencil. Cut them out and adhered a small Red bling on the nose, some glossy accent on the Anteleer and Hooves. Now for the background scene, I did it almost the same as the front.
 Hope these closeups gives you better details...believe me, there are many.
Did you notice those Rosy Cheeks and the Twine scarves wrapped around the neck?
Finally the Sleigh: I dont have any stamp for it, so drew it myself. Cut it out on Pattern paper from Basic grey. Put some Gold and Platinum glitter for the Mettalic n glittery effect. For the parcel, embossed the Dots and Flowers background stamp with crystal EP., cut them and colored with distress inks. Tied them with some gold and silver thread. Then added the Red thread for the Deers to pull the Sleigh full of Christmas gifts for us all :))
                               Supplies: Stamp- Hero Arts, Ink- Ranger, Versafine, Bling and Twine- Pizzazzplenty
Guess What Music was in my mind while making it...Didn't check the Title??? It is: Oh What Fun It Is To Ride on a .....Sleigh. Which is the theme at Weememories. Love the challenges there.Since this card is all Glittery, I am submitting it for the new Moxie Fab World challenge: Glitter is Glam and the EBTKS Challenge: Textures ( Glitter and Flock )
2sisterschallengeblog: Sparkly Christmas
Lets Ink It Up challenge: Sparkle/ Bling
TFL.

29 comments:

Lucy Abrams said...

This has to be one of the cutest Christmas cards in the whole world. Those reindeer are just wonderful.

Nancy said...

This is so amazing....it's just the most clever and creative card. I love every special little detail...thanks so much for sharing!
blessings....

Stacy H-W said...

WOW...I have to say it again....WOW! I love this card! And man what a lot of fussy cutting! You really need to send this to some on special or keep it for yourself!! ha
Thanks for the commenting on my blog. I really enjoyed reading what your wrote. It is so nice that your daughters both love to scrap too. How lucky for you to be able to share your creativity. Hugs, stacy h-w
http://scrapwithstacy.blogspot.com

Chark said...

wow--lots of work here, but beautifully done!

Vicky said...

Amazing card!!!! WOW!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Amazing card, Isha!Beautiful job you put into this masterpiece! Congrats on the HA tweet!

Jana said...

Holy cow! I'm speechless!

Anonymous said...

brilliant!!!!! can I be on your list? lol

cher

hilly77 at comcast dot net

Lin said...

Oh, Isha, what a darling card! If I were you, I wouldn't be able to part with it! Absolutely gorgeous, love all the details!

Tina Spohn said...

This card is so cute and you surely had a lot of work because of all the beautiful details. Love, love, love it!

Hugs, Tina

Jay Gee said...

Wow, you have put so much work into this - it is beautiful!

Deirdre said...

Wow Isha, this is just AMAZING... wow!!!

Mami Doodles challenge will be here http://mamidoodles.blogspot.com/ - I have obviously posted before Elisa has posted it..... it will post on the Mami Doodles blog probably around lunch time. Hope this helps and that you can play along. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely message. Have a great day.

Kendra said...

This is your first pop up??? Wow! Great job! I love the reindeer! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!

Unknown said...

Wonderful project, so clever. I love it, thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

Ann said...

Ohhh my word, this is CUTE! Love this! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

Shirl said...

Super super creation, what a huge amount of work but oh so worth the effort, this has inspired me to try the pop up card. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Novell said...

Oh, what fun!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious! So super sweet! Love all your perfect paper piecing and gorgeous details! Fantastic job! Thanks for playing along in the Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Winter said...

How cute! Thanks so much for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Kelly said...

COngrats on your win. Your card is absolutely AMAZING!

jintyoo7 said...

OH my gosh, Isha What an amazing card! I think I would auction it to the highest bidder - what a masterpiece :o)

LeAnne said...

WOW is all I can say....and that you have infinite patience. WONDERFUL card!

Monika Reeck said...

woooww Isha you are doing the BEST card...this is really cute adorable and funtastic pop up card...and wooow viele komentator..du magst sehr schoene Karte Liebling....LOVE THIS!!!

Michele Gross said...

Congratulations on your win! Absolutely fantastic card and VERY deserving :) You are going to have sooo much fun with that DeNami Gift Certificate :) Enjoy!!

Alice said...

absolutely fabulous! wow! love love the details. amazing card. Congrats on your HA win, too! =)

Claire said...

Wow, beautiful card! Love those reindeer! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up and good luck
Claire xx

Diana E. said...

Who wouldn't give you a win with this Cutest of Ever card. Love it and your work is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing !

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Love seeing this card again, Isha - it's amazing!