Thursday, July 21, 2011

Babe the Piper!!!

Hello my friends of the bloggy world!!! Here comes my Hello all wet (we are having continueous rain for last 3 days)...send some sunshine my way. I am sure the friends in US who could go to CHA are really enjoying themselves. Cant wait to hear about it from them.
So here I want to share a card with you, which actually has a story behind it. I used Lawn Fawn's Critters on the farm stamps. When Kelly from Lawn Fawn introduced this set on her blog and I saw those mice...it took me to my childhood story of the Pied Piper, which I read infinite nos. of times...lol. Then comes the little cute piggy which reminded me of The Babe movie;)) That's how "Babe the Piper" was born

So I combined both the themes and created this scene. Talking about scenes, well its different then what my younger daughter creates when she wants a toy in the shop...lol;) These are the challenges I combined:
Lawnscaping Challenge#14 (Stamp a scene)
Forever Friends ( Not square card and an Animal)

So, here takes the Babe all the farm critters back to the Barn, with his hypnotizing music. I applied some white flock to the sheep and it looks really amazing in real. For the grass, I did some masking and distressing. I also created the sheep and mice with reverse stamping technique on tissue (To make it facing right, I stamped on a piece of tissue paper, colored them with copics, then glue the correct side to a piece of white cardstock to make it sturdy, it ends up with the sheep n mice facing to the right) There is lot of dimension and fussy cutting on this card, may be its visible in the side view.
Finally seeing this scene, my younger one wants it on her wall, so i am going to change this card to a wall frame to hang on her wall. I will share that photo when its finished. Hope you enjoyed this long post. TFL

12 comments:

Agata said...

Perfect!!! So much cutting out, whew! Waiting for your next layout! :)

yyam said...

Awww....isn't this the cutest little scene ever! So glad that it's going to hang in your girl's room...it makes me happy seeing this so I can imagine her delight from seeing it everyday! :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

What a gorgeous and detailed card!

Tee said...

Aww wow!! that is some intense cutting work..I love the whole scene!!

P.s. I'll send you the sun if you promise to send me the rain!!
That red barn house reminds me of the barn on angry farm..I think I'm playing way too much angry barn on hubby's BB!!

Dawn T said...

Great idea to use the card Isha. It is adorable

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful scene with all the cute critters. I will trade sun for rain if you have extra :0)

alexandra s.m. said...

This is absolutely fantastic Isha!
Thank you!!

Emily Leiphart said...

I don't blame your daughter. I want this on my wall, too! It's absolutely adorable!

Marie said...

So cute! Love the music notes you added, it feels like they're all singing =) TFS!

Sande said...

Fabulous!

Thanks for joining us on "Not square" challenge at Forever Friends & co. Hope to see you soon again!

Hugs, Sande xx

Christiana said...

What a fun little scene you've made here! Love your creativity. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your Top Mow it All win at Lawnscaping! Great card, Isha!