Friday, July 1, 2011

Young Crafters Unite Blog Hop!

Today is a special day for me as its my first time to be a part of Hop.....it's the very first Young Crafters Unite Blog Hop! The lovely Britta and the talented Marie have put together this great blog.

If you started from the beginning, you should be here from Jill Foster's Blog. If this is your first, be sure to begin at the first Marie's Blog- there are lots and lots of great designers PLUS there are prizes up for grabs! 

It was so difficult to think of what my favorite is!! I love Fun n cute- twisting and turning my images to create something new, I love CAS, I love inks, coloring....oh my! so many things, so finally with a friends help I narrowed down on coloring and Colors,then there are some of my favorite stamp companies too...I chose to make 2 cards using 2 of my favorite companies:
Hero Arts: Got me started with stamping. I made the distress resist background. Colored the flower using distress inks and lots of pearl mist all over.
The colors for this card are inspired by Vicky's Card here. So I am submitting it for the Lily Pad Inspiration Challenge#3


Supplies: Stamps Hero Arts(CG134, S5507), Ranger distress inks, White embossing powder, Flower, Twine
Lawn Fawn: My new favorite, love their cute style. The stamps are perfect for coloring and paperpiecing. I made the background using another favorite Penny black stamp of mine. The focal image is Lawn Fawn colored using Copics and to finish some handstitching, handmade flower and that needle with twine. Love these small detail images in Lawn Fawn sets.
The 2nd. challenge I am playing at is to use Doilie and color from Polkadot Door design


Supplies: Lawn Fawn(Sew Lovely), Penny Black (Paisley Background), Ranger distress inks, Bling, Twine
Now what makes me a young crafter?? Again I could give so many reasons...well I am fairly young...while coloring I become and behave like a child, who would like to try everything...lol. When I get new post containing a card from my crafty friend or a prize from my win or something I had ordered, my kids would ask me: "Mama, why do you have that baby smile?" or "Why are you jumping?":))
Also, I am new to the stamping and blogging World (a year old)...so there you go, another reason for feeling young.
I also want to share some of my most favorite cards (most difficult task indeed)
Sweet Birthday using Hero Arts stamps
Sew Lovely using Lawn Fawn 
Thanks using Hero Arts
Oh What Fun using Hero Arts and my own drawings. Yes!! I love to draw too.

Now hop over to the talented Linsey's Blog.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hope you had fun. Please leave a comment letting me know you were here and remember to comment on every post of the Hop for the chance of winning some great prizes ( $20 from Simon Says Stamp, their choice of stamp set from Paper Smooches, or their choice of stamp set from Lawn Fawn)




78 comments:

Marie said...

Isha, these cards are both fabiulous! I love the striking colors and the resist background on your first card, and I love the doilie, the coloring and the needle with twine on the second card =) Thank you so much for joining our bloghop!

Heather I. said...

What a fabulous bunch of cards!!!! Beautiful - absolutely beautiful!

Priya Mohan said...

Your cards are so lovely!..

Katie said...

Great card I just love those colors.

farmhouse-story said...

stunning flower and your second card is so pretty, isha!

Pookie said...

I loved your purple card, awesome job!

scraptaculardesigns.blogspot.com

Angie said...

I love that flower on your first card... beautiful!

Melissa Shea said...

Pretty flower and I love all the purple!

Crafterkhush said...

Loved both the cards but the lawn fawn stamp is truly fantastic... saw one of my fellow Indian bloggers use it on her card and I was truly stumped.. great work...!!

Hugs,
Khush

N Blackburn said...

Hi Isha, woah I love both your cards, they're just lovely!!! TFS :)

judy said...

Cute cards!!

DianeG said...

Great cards, Isha! I love the contrast that they make to each other! TFS!

Donna B. said...

Love these cards - especially the purple one!!

Chari Moss said...

I am an admitted Lawn Fawn addict, I featured it on my hop post as well. Your purple card with the dress form is just beautiful. I like the doily behind it, very nice. And the first card just pops of the screen. That big bold flower is beautiful. I love the white embossing, it's so striking. Both beautiful cards! I think I shall start following your blog.

Yainea said...

Fabulous cards! I really really love your cards, I couldn't choose one!

Kim Marie said...

Your colors REALLY make these cards POP! BEAUTIFUL!
Kim Marie

Michelle - You Are Glowing said...

Ahhhh... That purple is gorgeous!! One of my fav cards ever!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Gorgeous! I love the bright happy colors you've used!

Karen B. said...

You do it best, the striking and beautiful cards just amaze me! Lovin' that purple!

Lauren said...

I knew before reading that your first card was inspired by Vicky's card! Your flower is beautiful! And your Lawn Fawn card is lovely!

Mubeena M. said...

gorgeous colors!

Leezer said...

Loved both of your cards....beautiful job!

sharon g said...

I especially love the flower image (coloring)!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful cards Isha!
TFS~

pcm said...

great cards!

Aditya Gupta said...

the purple card is awesum. the doily you used in it is really lovely.

Bunny Vance said...

Beautiful cards ~ love the needle and thread!
Thanks for sharing,
Blessings,
Bunny
http://bunnyrunswithscissors.blogspot.com/
http://www.ajillianvancedesign.com/

Bunnyfreak said...

Love both cards. As purple is my fav color it is really calling to me.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such wonderful cards! Love that big vibrant blossom!

Madison said...

I love your cards. They are so pretty. The colors just pop off the page:) TFS! I am on the hop too. You can check out my project if you want. I am # 58:)
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

KathyN said...

I LOVE your cards! They are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous! I love the embossing. :-)

stampingandstitching said...

Isha, these are two wonderful cards and I loved seeing your favourite cards!

Ezlie said...

very nice cards. love that hero arts envelope background stamp. =)

cutiephinphin said...

The cards are really lovely! Thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

Very fun cards! I am a new follower. http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Lillian Child said...

So very lovely!

Christiana said...

Both of these cards are so beautiful!

Jay Gee said...

Wow Isha... you did a wonderful job with both cards :)

AmyJRockstar said...

This has got to be one of the coolest hops I've ever been in. I can't believe all the amazing talent out there. I've become a follower of so many new blogs, my head is spinning. LOL Your work is fantastic! Hope you have time to swing by my blog and enter for some candy on this hop and also... Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway!


XO ~ Amy Jo (new follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Kelly Latevola said...

Isha both of your cards are gorgeous! I particularly love the lawn fawn one, the doily is fantastic and the hand-stitching is perfectly adorable :)

Wendy said...

You are so funny, Love your cards and i totally get as exctited as you do when I win something or get an awesome comment.

narutopenguingirl said...

What PRETTY cards! Love the colors :)

Jessica said...

great cards, love them!! you did a fabulous job! :)

Bonnie said...

I love that big flower. Have used it so many times.

Alice said...

gorgeous colors and design! fabulous cards!

Cathy P in AZ said...

Your cards are FABULOUS! LOVE them both!

Dawn T said...

Isha... you have outdone yourself here. I love these cards, especially the purple p=ine

Leanne said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely cards

lonely rubber stamp. said...

Absolutely beautiful cards! Tfs.

Neha Jain said...

amazing purple :)

Tania A said...

Woowow! These are such gorgeous cards, Isha! Love how you've coloured that flowers! I am pinning these to my Pinterest Gallery for inspiration! Thanks for sharing! :D

I am also participating,I'm Number 32 in the hop!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous cards Isha. Love the colors, the images... the twine is perfect (both type).

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, these cards are great!! Love those vivid colors. Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Awesome cards! I love how you have used Distress Inks for colouring, great job!

Efrat said...

Both cards are really great!!

Kelley said...

Beautiful colors on your cards! I love Hero Arts, too. Thank you for sharing your cards.

cards by cara said...

Very gorgeous colours and layouts!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh these are gorgeous ... the flower on your first is especially stunning!

Wanda G said...

Beautiful cards!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great cards, love the background on the Lawn Fawn Sew Lovely card.

CuteCuteWorld said...

Beautiful cards, the flower on your first card is gorgeous!

Carla said...

beautiful cards!!

luvhymns said...

You pick rich colors and they make the theme stand out. I love the richness that the purple gives to your 2nd card.

Larissa Heskett said...

THanks FOR SHARING!! i love THE CRADS AND THE STYLE THAT YOU HAVE!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful cards! I love the color combo in the flower card, and the coloring in the flower is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
-Stephanie
www.stephmade.com

Elaine U. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I especially love the second (purple) card and all the details!! Wonderful.
-Elaine Uhl
http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/

BethL said...

love the colors!! and the details!!
bethL
toothlesschef at comcast dot net

Britta Swiderski said...

Woohoo- two cards and both are gorgeous! I love the bright, bold colors on the first one and adore the beautiful purples and LF stamps on the second. The background texture that you added with the PB stamp is a perfect touch. Love! Thank you so much for joining us on the Young Crafters Unite blog hop!

Stephanie Y. said...

Your coloring is amazing and the color combinations you create are beautiful!

Rebecca T. said...

I love your second card so much, that when I'm finished blog hopping, it's going to the source of my inspiration for the next card I'm making.

Sue D said...

Both cards are very pretty!

Unknown said...

Love the colors. 80)

Unknown said...

Both are gorgeous, love the purple one! Thanks for sharing!

The Constant Scrapper said...

Isha, I just love all the variety in your cards. Really delightful designs! :-)

Virginia L. said...

Your fabulous work simply shine through in this post, Isha!! Love it when you are having fun because that's when the magic happens--remember that, OK?! Sending warm hugs to you! Thank you for the lovely comment in my blog today! Makes my day :)

Cathy A said...

Isha, I have really enjoyed visiting your blog today, I just love the colourful creations you have shared.

Thank you for sharing your blog address with Penny Circle on flickr.

Court said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Polka Dot Door Designs this month!