Friday, July 8, 2011

Pearl-fect Birthday

 YAY!!! 2nd. post in 1 day but its kind of not finished as I could not take the photo of inside cos while taking photo, it became dark outside due to rain. Anyway, I will post it later. I also want to share some happy news which I got yesterday and today.
I made this card for the challenges at:
Lawnscaping challenge (don't forget the inside)
Wee Memories summer time challenge, which reminds me of beach
MoxieFab Stamp it!
Edited- Forgot to link before, since it was a month long challenge and it was due to be posted by today in my calender.
Jay Gee's photo inspiration




 For my card, I distressed the background with blue distress inks and used perfect pearl spritzt. Then I stamped some bubbles and embossed a part of it using holographic embossing powder. I used Kraft paer as sand. Now stamped and cut the shell, adhered it using some 3d foam on the upper part. In the center adhered different colors of pearls.

I wrote the sentiment myself and used some of my favorite twine for the banner.

I tried to take photo of inside but couldnt get a nice one as it was pretty bad weather today. Will try to take a nice one again tomorrow.


Well here I got little creative and thought out of the box (love it, when my little brain works;)I made the pennants with the shell stamp. I made the treasure box using the Hay from farm critters and do you see the lock...its made with the Cow bell;) Hope you like it. I really love these stamps, great quality and cute images.

Now on to some happy news sharing:
My card won at the Young Crafter Unite Blog hop and was Britta's top choice here. Thanks Britta and Marie.
This card won me some Penny Black stamps ;) at Copic Creations.
My card was featured at Penny Black Stamp blog Flickr Friday feature. YAY!!!
I was one of the V.I.P at the CAS-ual friday challenge#8:))
Now about my dreams coming true:
I am going to get published in CARDS magazine idea book- December 2011
I got happy mail yesterday from Papercrafts as I will have a card in the Jan/ Feb.2012 issue

Thanks for being here friends and leaving your love. I am so lucky to be part of the blogging world and my new blogging friends from different part of the World.

20 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun summer card! Great use of the colored pearls in the colored shells :)

Latrice said...

Wow!!! You're on a roll. Thanks tons for entering my lawn fawn challenge. Super cute.

Monica K. said...

Such a fun summer card! I love the pearls that you added and the sponging effect in the background. And wow, what a bunch of happy news!! You are really on a roll. Congrats!

I took a look at your blog and you do lovely work! I really like the inking techniques you use. Very cool!

Karen B. said...

So innovative, so cute and what a great design. Congrats on all your accomplishments.

Maggie Lamarre said...

Luv the Beachy Summer card...

Don't forget to add this to our linking party this week.
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/weekly-talent-search-with-linking-party.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Tee said...

CONGRATS!!! Your out of the box thinking is amazing..sometimes I think your brain is outside the box!! :)
What stunning ideas you come up with!! super super cute!!! love how versatile this card is..and i'm predicting this will come up on Lawn fawn's Flickery Friday feature!!! love how beautiful the distressing you've done!!

Yulis Kartika said...

it's totally cute, Isha ..
so enjoyed to see your creation !!
Hugs, Yulis

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Isha, this is the cutest project! Love the multi colored pearls that adorn the banner! Makes me think of the Disney movie with Arielle in it!

Priya said...

OMG!
What a wonderful creation! Love love just loveeee the treasure idea under the sea and all the sea shells with pearls... Your idea is simply superb... You are really a one creative person...
Would look forward to your stunning creations...

Love,
Priya...

Emily Leiphart said...

Isha, that is a long list of accomplishments and I'm so proud of you! Congrats!! I LOVE your Lawn Fawn card. The hay as a treasure chest is too clever. I'm not a water person but I may just have to get that set 'cause of your card!

Jay Gee said...

Wow Isha, congratulations on getting published and all your wins and features! This is another adorable card, so many wonderful little details :)

Lin said...

BIG Congrats, Isha, on all of these honors, not surprising at all; your cards are always so creative! This one is no exception!

Marie said...

Oh my gosh, love all of the different elements to this card! TFS =)

yyam said...

Love your totally fun card!!! So cute! :)

And congrats on your creative achievements...told you about your awesomeness didn't I? :)

Jenny said...

Oh this is wonderful, from the matching coloured pearls to the octopus wearing a necklace:)
Jenny x

Heather I. said...

Congrats on all the wonderful acknowledgements of your talents - well deserved!!! I love this card - it's absolutely beautiful & so much fun!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card, Isha! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)

Laurel Beard said...

Ok, where do I start. The card you made is adorable! I love every part of it. But you really captured me with your creativity. The hay for the treasure chest and the lock using the cow bell! My My My! I love that. NEVER in a million years would I have thought of this. Absolutely BRILLIANT!

Unknown said...

Wow! what a fabulous card (inside and out!). Thanks for playing along with us this month ... cheers Ange