Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Best Wishes

Hello everyone!! Today was a beautiful Spring day here, which inspired me to finish this card. I made this stencil background 2 days back but was not able to decide what image to use with it. I saw a tiny bird on my tree today and it just inspired me to use this bird from Hero Arts.
Now here is how I used the stencil . This time I didn't sponge the ink or used embossing paste. I used the stencil as stamp and used the daubers to ink it. I sprayed some water to mix the colors and then flipped it onto the mat layer. It is a bit tricky in the beginning to get it without making a mess but with a bit of practice, it comes out really nice. The effect is very pretty IRL.
I used some Glitter black embossing powder onto my bird...isn't he cute?


I am playing along with


I will write the supplies tomorrow:)

16 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love that bg and the bird!

Virginia L. said...

Truly gorgeous, Isha!! I love love the color choices and how you used the birdie images, vellum and strings!! The stenciled background is much like CANDY--YUM! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Absolutely beautiful and cleverly executed ..I loved that string you added.
Hugs
Archana

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Isha.

Lin said...

Isha, I love these beautiful spring colors and that bird is the perfect pairing! Beautifully done!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Lovely! So clever to use the stencil as a stamp

Shelly said...

GORGEOUS! Love!

Lindsey said...

The touch of colouring on the bird is just right -- such a pretty card.

Celeste Goff said...

This card is just gorgeous! I love the water colored background and the bit of twine underneath the bird!

Cindy C. said...

Wow that beautiful stencilled background really shines!!

Teresa P. said...

This card is so CAS! I love the watercolored background and the little bird paired with the vellum is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

Deepti said...

This is super pretty, lovely colors

Anni said...

The background is soooo beautiful, Isha! Love the way you used your stencil! I will have to try this!
So happy you played along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Anni

Unknown said...

You constantly blow me away!!! I LOVE this background and that bird! *swoon* Thanks so much for playing with us over at a Blog Named Hero! :)

Lyndal said...

This is just stunning Isha! So glad you joined in the fun @ Keep It Simple :)

Michelle Lupton said...

This is so cool!! Thanks for sharing your card in our "Create a Background" challenge at A Blog Named Hero :)