Friday, April 4, 2014

Radiant Neon Blog Hop



Hello and Welcome to the Radiant Neon Blog Hop by Imagine Crafts and CardMaker. I love being part of the Imagine Crafts team.This magazine is special and am so very happy and honored to get my work published in there. The blog hop starts at the CardMaker Magazine blog. You should have come here from the talented Allie Gower's blog, if not then start at the beginning HERE.

As the title says, we are showcasing the Radiant Neon inks by Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko. These are beautiful, rich pigment inks and the colors are amazing. I never thought I could like Neon colors so much :) Below I have linked few of my cards for you to see how beautifully these inks can be used for various techniques. 
For today, I just wanted to show you how well these inks blend and the new colors they create when 2 inks layer. I am always inspired by Laura Bassen's plaid backgrounds, so I created mine using masking and inking. Love the effect. 


I am submitting this card for the challenge at ABNH as the theme is to create your own background.

Also at the challenge at Little Tangles: Masking and I sure did plenty of masking to create my background :)

Don't you love the colors. Here are all the amazing colors these come in:


Now I want to share some examples, you can click on the photo to go and see the bigger image: 
The perfect and crisp stamping result 


You can use them as watercolors too. I have a small tutorial for this card, just click on the photo.


Perfect blending on the stamp itself


Hmmm! this post has become long enough :) Kudos to all of you to make it till the end. Now the fun part:

What a hop without prizes ;) Imagine Crafts will be giving away a full set of Radiant Neon inks to one lucky person, and yes, this is an international contest!  All you have to do is start at the CardMaker Blog and then go in order to the next blog where you will collect your "Electric Words" to build a phrase, you will email this phrase to Imagine Crafts (marketing@imaginecrafts.com).  For detail information on the rules please check the Imagine Crafts blog.

My Electric word is "featuring"
Your next stop on the hop is the talented designer from CardMaker magazine Kathy Martin
Thanks for stopping by!


35 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE!
I'm such a fan of neon!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!! You know I LURVE Neon!!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous! love the plaid :)

Unknown said...

Awesome trio of cards Isha! Love the colors you've chosen for each one of them.

Unknown said...

Isha what fabulous and inspiring cards – I can't decide which one I love the most!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Pretty in Plaid!! Am pinning this too! Love the neon!!

WhoMom said...

Beautiful cards! Love the way you showed how well they blended.

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely SUPERB, Isha!! I can see Laura's influence, but you sure made it your own! I love the sweet black birds and vellum sentiment in this! Love this!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous and inspiring! Love them all!

JaniceA said...

Amazing cards and blog.

Brooke said...

Love, love, love that plaid background, Isha! Thanks for being a part of the hop!

grammypat said...

Especially loved your plaid background--so striking , especially with neons. Your othe card are very inspirational -- very tasteful. Thanks for sharing

Sabrina said...

Fabulous cards!!

Cathy A said...

Fab-u-lous, love all the plaid effect in the background.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards.

barbara macaskill said...

I am in love!! Your cards are all awesome and I love how versatile these inks are!! MUST HAVE THEM!!! TFS!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

i love the striking black against the bright! very nice

Celeste Goff said...

I just love this adorable little card! Those sweet little black birds juxtaposed against the bright, pretty neon plaid background is just perfect!

Linda T said...

Beautiful. Just love the colors.

Dawn T said...

lovely plaid Isha and your other samples are just lovely too. These inks look stunning to use.

Sylvia Blum said...

pretty card and nice idea to use Neon inks for a "Laura Bassen style"-card :)

Penny Ward said...

Holy Cow...that plaid background is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE!!!

trisha too said...

Gotta love that plaid!

:)

Patti J said...

I can't choose a fave - I love all of the beautiful bright colors! Thanks for sharing :)

Lagene said...

These neon inks are AWESOME! Pretty cards!

Unknown said...

Love the plaid, and the birds! Going to have to try that myself! And I loved your other cards too.

Linsey R said...

Wow, these are ALL incredible!!! You are just overflowing with neon inspiration!!! I really appreciate because I will have to get my hands on at least some of these fabby new colors--they take me back to my day--80's girl all the way lol! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations for this fun hop!

ruthluvs said...

Beautiful criss-cross idea... the colors blend so well together :)

Teresa P. said...

Neon is always fun to experiment with and you did a fantastic job pairing the colors together on your card! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero! :)

Allie Gower said...

I'm late to the party but I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your bold, beautiful plaid background. BEAUTIFUL! I'm such a fan of all your NEON projects!

Nancy Hawes Designs said...

Lov your plaid background , these inks blend so well together !!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards!!!!! Love the plaid background. Thanks for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Masking Challenge!

Betty said...

Just wow, what a stunning plaid background. Great job, Isha. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

Michelle Lupton said...

I love your combination of black image and vellum speech bubble over the cheery Laura Bassen inspired plaid! Thanks for sharing your card in our "Create a Background" challenge at A Blog Named Hero :)