Monday, October 20, 2014

Diwali Blog Hop

Hello and welcome everyone for this festive hop. Some of us Indian crafters from around the World decided to share our love of paper crafting and create something special  on the occasion of "DIWALI". Thanks Chaitali for organizing this fun hop! You should have come here from Sindhu's blog.


Diwali is popularly known as the "festival of lights". It is one of the most important festivals of the year for Hindus and is celebrated in families by performing traditional activities together in their homes. I explain it to my Swiss friends as Our Christmas...lol....and they understand what it means to me and actually now a few wait every year to celebrate with us and enjoy the home made sweets and snacks.
I don't have any special stamps or products for Diwali, so I was trying a few things. I wasn't very happy with everything but in the end, I love the results. So here are the cards I would love to share with you.

 For my first card, I used some watercolors for the background, Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko Memento Dye ink in co-ordinating colors for multi-color stamping. The stamps are by Lil'Inker Designs and the sentiment is from Papertrey ink



For my 2nd. card I used a Diya as my focal image. Diya is made of clay and we light it in the evening. Actually we decorate the whole house, inside out with it, although now a days electric small lights have taken it's place :). But here I just drew it freehand using my watercolor and brush.



for my last card, since I was trying out various things, I used the same products as my first card and just stamped everything in a different way.




Now the next stop on the hop is the sweet and talented Tasnim. If you find any broken link, pls. go back to the start of the hop at Chaitali's blog.  Happy Diwali to you all!!


Here is the hop order:

16 comments:

Piali said...

Gorgeous cards, Isha!! You are so talented!!!Love the hand drawn diya!

Smriti said...

Lovely cards! Love the watercolor look!

conil said...

You're going to have some very happy card recipients. All of them are wonderful and festive. Can't believe how beautifully you drew your Diya.

Indira Tanwar said...

Very pretty cards with awesome water coloring!!

Unknown said...

I wish I could make watercolor backgrounds like you!! Beautiful cards!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fabulous card with lovely festive colors, Isha

Deepti said...

Gorgeous cards, Love the water colors and hand painted diya :) Wish you have a happy and prosperous Diwali :)

Kris B said...

Your cards are all beautiful! What gorgeous backgrounds! The Diya you drew is wonderful!

Jean Bullock said...

Very cool. Definitely expresses the feel of the holiday.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous. Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Lisa Lara said...

Such beauties Isha.

Emily Leiphart said...

All of these are beautiful, Isha! It would be difficult to choose a favourite but the curved edge on the second card really stuns. Happy Diwali!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful Beautiful cards, Isha! Love your painted card. Just soft and beautiful. Happy Diwali to you and your family.

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning work, Isha - the melding of colour is gorgeous! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Diwali x

Sindhu said...

Hi Isha, I LOVE all the three cards! Difficult to choose a favorite. The background you created are fab and the stamp you used to create the backgrounds in first and third card is gorgeous! Your free hand diya looks like it's really lighted and burning! Fantastic stuff!

8 ball pool all version said...

thanksgiving quotes inspirational

short thanksgiving quotes

quotes on thanksgiving and gratitude

thanksgiving quotes to god

thanksgiving quotes family

thanksgiving quotes for friends

thanksgiving quotes funny

thanksgiving sayings short

happy thanksgiving quotes for friends and family

thanksgiving greetings sayings