Wednesday, April 27, 2016

RG Make Amazing Happen Mini Album

Hello everyone!
Today I am sharing a fun project using various collections by Richard Garay. This is what I like the most about Richards collections…they are so versatile and are easy to mix and match. I created a mini album from our trip to the mountains last week. I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed creating this fun project. I find minis are the perfect way to have some photos together in one place.

Here is how it looks along with some photos of step by step too. I made my Album base using the square die from the Noteworthy Card Set dies.


This is how the front page looks. I kept it simple, a bit of patterned paper and Enamel Elements star. For the background, I kept the blue watercolor wash as my common element.


On our way we stopped by at an old palace called Chateau de Chillon
For the 2nd page, I sponged some Rock candy ink over the washed background through the brick stencil by MFT. I die-cut the leaves from Branch Out Die-Set, colored using watercolors and die-cut flowers from Lumberjack Blooms Die Set, which I sponged using FSJ and Celebrations inks. I used the Amazing Accent dots for the flower centers.
For page 3 I die-cut the patterned paper using Die from the Let’s Meet stamp and die Set and used it as a border beneath my photo. I also used some Enamel Elements from the Celebrations. Finally stamped the word “SMILE” using FSJ Cranberry Bliss ink and did some generation stamping.


 Here is a close up view of page 2 


Page 4-5


For the 4th. Page, I created the background as page 3. I matted the photo using patterned paper from Make Amazing. I stamped the word Sister and die-cut the word LOVE from Celebrations.


For added interest and trendy look I masked the word Love partially using a washi tape piece, applied VersaMark ink and then sprinkle Mint Mojito Embossing Glitter by WOW! Then I heat set the powder and removed the mask



Page 5 was fun to create, I used some washi Tape. Do you see tiny bit of chevron embossed vellum, well I just used the emboss part of the Tag die from build a Tag 1 (Celebrations). I then cut a star from patterned paper and used the back Amazing Accent Dots. Love love love the mat finish of these.

Once we saw the castle, it was time to head towards the mountain and the snow fun part starts in my album J The place we went to is called Zermatt and from there we took various cable cars to reach the Mountain.




For the base I used the same watercolor wash, once dry I applied some embossing paste though the stencil and applied glitter. 



To create the camera embellishment, I used the camera die from Camp Out Die Set. I masked the center circle, applied VersaMark ink to the die-cut and added Vintage Peacock embossing powder by WOW! Then I heat set the embossing powder and removed the mask. Sponged some ink in the center and applied Journey Glaze. It really looks pretty in real life. 


I then stamped the words and also used some Jean Cord from Lumberjack collection. Next I created a Vellum pocket using the FSJ Gift Card Sleeve. I adhered the cable car ticket onto the back of it.


On the back side of the pocket I sponged some ink through the Starburst Lines stencil. I will use this pocket to write some of my notes.


Next page base again is sponged ink through the same stencil. I made a gate-fold pocket and put the photo inside this. Here is how it looks when we untie the Jean Cord.



It was such a nice, sunny day and beautiful mountains all around. I really love this photo of my younger daughter. I watercolored the background. Applied some iridescent Creative Medium through the Starburst Lines stencil. I also embossed the red cardstock and adhered the strip of it. Love the Knitted Pattern Embossing Folder from Lumberjack. Finally, added a little patterned paper, die-cut a vellum star and adhered some Amazing accent dots J


For the last page (well I will be adding more pages to this album :) I used photo of all of us. I die-cut a vellum heart and the word FUN from Celebrations. Adhered it to the page. I added some torn vellum underneath the photo and adhered some Amazing Accent Dots.

Thank you for being there till the end…this sure is a looong post :)
Have a great Day!!

You can check the catalog HERE

Make Amazing HappenCelebrations,  Lumberjack Days and Noteworthy collections by Richard Garay

6 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Isha, I'm clapping like a crazed monkey! What a perfectly splendid album! LOVE all your detailing - absolutley fab, and beautiful photographs :-)

Dawn T said...

What a cute little album Isha. Just awesome reminder of your holiday

kittykat3308 said...

Very creative album

Kathleen

Mariana Grigsby said...

I love your mini album, Isha!

Celeste Goff said...

What a great mini album Isha! Love your family photos!

Agata said...

Truly amazing project! And you did so well with the pics! ;-) Hope what I told you can help, with some time you'll get to it!!!