Thursday, April 7, 2016

Spring is HERE!!

Hello everyone!
Today I am sharing a card using the "Make Amazing collection" by Richard Garay. We were to create some spring projects and seeing so many flowers blooming now really wanted me to create bunch of flowers :) 
I also used the "Stripe Pattern Die" in a different way to create the lattice background.


I have a small tutorial on how I created my card .


I started with sponging some ink onto a piece of white cardstock. Here I used a light yellow ink but you will see later I changed my mind. Then I die-cut it using the Stripe Pattern Die.


I created one more piece in the same way as step 1 but this time I die-cut it keeping the die on the back of the inked piece. This way, when we die-cut the stripe pattern and overlap the 2 pieces, we get a pretty lattice background. 


I then stamped various flowers and leaves. After this I fussy cut the images.


At this stage, when I laid florals onto the pattern, I didn't like the colors, so I sponged some darker brown ink (Sorry the photo didn't come out good for that step.)
I took a white cardbase and adhered the lattice pattern onto it. Then I placed the flowers and adhered them using the liquid glue. 
I didn't stamp a sentiment on the front, rather I stamped one on the inside of the card.

Here is another view of the card.


You can check the catalog HERE
Make Amazing HappenCelebrations by Richard Garay

3 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

How lovely Isha, love the cluster of flowers on your lattice panel :-0

Celeste Goff said...

So beautifully done Isha! Love the flowers but I really love that gradient inking you did on the lattice background!

kittykat3308 said...

Your card is beautiful. I really like the lattice that you created.

Kaathleen