Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Celebrate your Day!

I love Colors, it makes me happy. I love Rainbows as its colorful too. Talking about rainbows...that's the challenge at the Embellish blog. Still why am I edgy...Oh!!! in a good way as that's the theme at CAS-ual Friday and Moxie Fab World beautiful borders.
This week we are Getting Edgy! Use your border punches, rip some cardstock, whatever your pleasure to add a fun edge to your Clean And Simple project! My liking for CAS style always makes me happy to participate in their challenges.
 For my card, I cut the border strips of white paper, colored them using distress inks and spritzt some perfect pearl water after edging it with some brown ink. Love the subtle pearly shine. Hope its clear in the closeup photo. I then glued the strips in gradient and tied my favorite twines. To finish some color to the edges of the card and a sentiment.


 Thanks for dropping by!!!

29 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

such a great take on the challenges, isha! love it:)

Laurie W. said...

This is adorable! I love how you used the eyelet die! What a fun idea! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Fiona said...

Smashing card, love the vibrant colours against the kraft.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Really cute!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Isha! I love how you combined the eyelet border die with The Twinery's twine!

turquesadot said...

Your card looks great...loving those bows at each end of the color.
Evy

Michele Gross said...

I seriously LOVE this card! I love the fun loopy edges, I love the matching twine, I just love how happy it makes me feel to look at it! FABulous!! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Amazing card - I'm so drawn to rainbow colours and I love your eyelet borders and twine:)
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

Great take on both challenges Isha, love the twin bows :)

Bethany said...

So creative & adorable!!

Marlena M. said...

This is a great idea! I love that you touched up the edges. ;)

Dana said...

Now THIS is a winning card! Love your creative use of borders in a rainbow theme...fabby! Thanks for "getting edgy" with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

What a fun card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura

Alberta said...

Great combination of challenges. Love how the color pops of the background. Great card. Fab job!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Love!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Cindy said...

Love love! The colors, the clean graphic feel, the little twine bows....its all genius! Beauty!

Jill said...

Couldn't love this more!!!!!!

Lynsey said...

So cute! I really love the tiny bows in the twine!

Shobana said...

Fab card Isha! Love everything about it! :)

kari bell said...

oh my! this is too cute.

Smita said...

Gorgeous card!!

Lin said...

Congratulations, Isha - love your take on the challenge!!

Brenda Dean said...

Very clever! A great card!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love it Isha!
So so cool and gorgeous ;-)

Gayatri said...

Wow, Great take on both the challenges :) Clever thinking! Love it :)

Jo said...

This is gorgeous!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Isha, I jusr LOVE this card. I never thought to use a border for this challenge in the way that you did. Wonderful. The rainbow colors look so great against the Kraft. The twine sets it off so beautifully.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Isha! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Sarah Martina said...

Awesome design layout, Isha! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge! :)