Saturday, June 4, 2016

Concord and 9th - Guest Designer Day 3

Hello Everyone!
Another happy and exciting day on my blog today. This month I have the honor to be guest designing for "Concord and 9th"! I recently came across this company and they have such unique designs. I instantly fell in love with their stamps and dies. I will be sharing their May release and I am sure you're gonna love each product.


Today I'm sharing cards feautruing the Sophisticated Script BUNDLE. I had tons of fun with these stamps! They are a must-have in every stamper's collection as not only can you write whatever you want, you even have this awesome font!

As already hinted in my last post, I used the heart from the You Are Enough stamp set to create this batik-looking background. First, I sponged the background using distress inks. Then, I stamped the heart using Clear Mat embossing powder. After that, I went over parts of the background using an Aqua Brush. The water acts as a bleach. To absorb the water, I put a paper towel over it. I stamped the word Smile onto a vellum bubble, the strip is embossed with an embossing folder. To finish off, I added my favorite embellishment, some sequins.


For the second card, I simply stamped the hearts using two colors of Distress inks onto watercolor paper. Then, I went over it with a damp brush. To create the sentiment strip, I stamped and embossed the letters onto the blue cardstock.


For my last card, I used Distress inks to watercolor a background. After drying, I stamped the word Thank You using black ink. However, I realized that the two words were a bit far apart, so I decided to fussy cut the sentiment. I sure am happy with the result and am kind of glad I messed up in the first place...lol. For the background, I used Distress inks to watercolor. Once dry, I ran it through an embossing folder. To adhere the sentiment, I used 3D-foam. To finish off, I adhered some sequins and added some Glossy Accents to the sentiment.


Sadly, all good things have to end sooner or later.. This was my last post as a guest designer, but I sure did enjoy creating with Concord and 9th! Especially this Sophisticated Script BUNDLE set was amazing! Have a nice weekend :)

3 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous cards Isha, love the gradient of colours - especially on the "Smile" card :-)

Celeste Goff said...

Congrats on the guest design spot Isha! Love your beautiful cards!!!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Isha. Congrats on your guest spot