Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Concord and 9th Guest Day 2

Hello Everyone!
Another happy and exciting day on my blog today. This month I have the honor to be guest designing for "Concord and 9th"! I recently came across this company and they have such unique designs. I instantly fell in love with their stamps and dies. I will be sharing their May release and I am sure you're gonna love each product.


Today I am featuring the "You're Enough" stamp set. This set has some awesome sentiments and the flower is so so cool! 

I used the flower from the stamp set and created 3 different looks. (Small spoiler alert: I will share how to use the little heart and create a kind of Batik effect in my next post, so stay tuned!)

In this post, I'd like to share how I kept experimenting with this flower stamp. It was very fun, and I learned that small imperfections give a different kind of look!
I wanted to use Ken Oliver's color burst powder and Brusho, so I started with watercolor paper. I simply stamped the image using my dye inks. For perfect stamping, I like to use the MISTI (who doesn't love this tool?) so that I could re-stamp in the same place. However you will notice that this card is far from being perfectly stamped due to the watercolor paper texture. Still, I  went around the flower with water and sprinkled some color burst powder. Once this panel was dry, I was surprised that the "imperfect" stamping gave such a nice effect!



For the next card, I stamped and embossed the image. Then I stamped it using 2 colors of distress inks and went over it with some water. Loved the smooth effect in the petals. Like in the first card, I applied water and sprinkled Brusho. I love this black color as it has so many different hues in one powder.



After these two cards, my playing around still continued. I stamped and embossed the image using this gorgeous embossing powder (Vintage Peacock) by WOW! After that, I colored in the flower using distress inks as watercolors. I love the depth I could get and the flower looks so different than the above 2 cards. Then I applied some color burst powder as above.



By now I was totally smitten by this stamp and decided to challenge myself with no-line watercoloring. I used my Zig Clean color real brush markers to color. It did take some time but I am so pleased with the result. It looks so lovely! I don't know the name of this flower but with no-line coloring it looked like Cyclamen to me and that is one of the flowers I like a lot :)



Here is a close-up of this card. I really like how the score lines give added dimension and interest.



I hope you enjoyed the process as much as I did. 
I will be back with more creations using more fun products soon!!
Have a nice day:)


4 comments:

sharin said...

This is such a great encouragement set and you did a fantastic job of showcasing it! I went to Concorde & 9th to buy it and it's Sold Out, but I'm on the Notify list. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Dawn T said...

WOW - what a fabulous stamp and a stunning set. Well done on your guest spot.

Agata said...

Wow, so many great options! All look stunning! Congrats on this adventure!

Angela said...

Wow. The no-line watercoloring is gorgeous! I saw your card on Pinterest and followed it back to you! Love the stripes and layout of the previous cards, too.