Friday, August 19, 2011

One Layer...

Hello Friends,
Today I want to share a card, which I made for the currant challenge at The Lawnscaping blog and Polka Doodle Challenge blog. I really enjoyed making my card with all the masking and coloring esp. on Kraft and I am submitting it to The Kraft Journal blog too.

 I used so many different stamps to create my background. First I stamped the dress form and masked it. Then I masked the border of the card and then the rectangle/square shapes. After I finished the stamping, I distressed around the individual boxes.  I then colored the dress using prismacolors. I put a french knot in the bow, stitched some border and some random stitches to acquire the balance and for the texture. To finish I used distress inks to the card edges and stickles on the dress.

 This was worth all the work as it looks really wonderful in real. TFL.



16 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

Holy cow. This is amazing. All that masking.. I can't believe you did this all while keeping it one layer! It is fabulously AMAZING!!!! I am so glad you joined us at Lawnscaping.....

Dawn T said...

It certainly looks amazing Isha. Love the way you did the background stamping.

Ujjwal said...

I love seeing what you do with that stamp set! All that masking is totally amazing!

Karen B. said...

Wow-definitely worth all the work. What a beautiful creation!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

wow...beautiful.love the masking.

Colette said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. Good Luck! Colette xx

Daniele said...

great card, so glad you joined us at Polka Doodles this week
hugs

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful patterned background you created Isha! Lovely card.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the quilted pattern you masked into the background, Isha! That is a lot of work and I appreciate it very much.

Erum Tasneem said...

WOWA!!! What a different and stunning look!

Mallika said...

wow stunning

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS!! And totally worth all of the work that went into it!!! I love the background and all of the stitching!!!

lis-m said...

Beautiful.. I really must give colouring on Kraft card a go..
Thanks for sharing with us @ Polkadoodles this week. Good luck !
Hugs xx

Fliss said...

A really lovely card Isha and the dress form looks stunning on your gorgeous background.
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Polka Doodles single layer challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Sweet card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our single layer card challenge at Polka Doodles!Great card - love the card base - fab colours! Cheers Claire x