Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Single layer Frame

I am so glad, I'm in time with this challenge at Lawnscaping...I had the card done but did not get time to take a photo of it. Anyhow, just a quick post before I leave to celebrate my hubby's Birthday.Love him so much:))

I like the Barn critters and the idea of putting them in a frame is always running thru my head. So to make it all happen in a single layer was tough but I am really happy to have achieved that and love the effect, it sure is like magic. Lots of masking, coloring and distressing and coloring is the theme at YCU Blog:)  I put some white flock on the Ewe and it gives a wonderful texture...lol


I am also submitting it for the challenge at Woodware USA as the challenge is to try a new technique. I tried to use chalks to color the background.

Thanks for dropping by. See ya tomorrow;)

19 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth Allan said...

Cute card Isha... That sentiment is great!

Unknown said...

great card! your coloring/chalking is amazing.

Christiana said...

What a cute little farm scene! Great job. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!

Hilde Loch said...

What a beautiful Card again Isha!!!! Love the cute Animals!!!!
Big Hug
Hilde

Dawn T said...

Way too cute Isha. You are really good at doing these little scenes. Love it.

Laurel Beard said...

Wow! Can't believe this is one layer! Your masking is wonderful! Thank you so much for taking our one layer challenge over at Lawnscaping!!! You rocked it!

Erum Tasneem said...

wowa!? whats that you say? one FREAKIN layer?! No way! WOW! seriously WOW! FANTASTIC job Isha!

Clare said...

Oh. My. Gosh. This is SOOOO cute!! Love that adorable scene! And wow!!! One layer?!!! AMAZING!

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, this is so cute, Isha! You do wonderful things with Lawn Fawn.

Marie said...

Such a cute card! Love the woodgrain texture of the frame, and the cute eyelashes on the sheep =) Thank you so much for joining our first Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

Chari Moss said...

Fabulous frame and I always just love those little lawn fawn farm critters. The chalk background is very nice and subtle, lets your colored animals shine. Thanks for playing at YCU!

Monika Reeck said...

this is sooo cuuuteee and lovely frame dear..love your card..cute cute cute..hugs

Paulina said...

This is darling, Isha! You did a fabulous job with this one-layer card, I NEVER would have guessed that it was one. The details are all amazing, and you did a fabulous job with the coloring as well.

Thank you so much for joining us for the first YCU challenge!

Jess said...

I had to read this over again just to make sure I read it right that it was only ONE layer. Bravo girl! It looks totally gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with our first challenge at Young Crafters Unite! :-)

Britta Swiderski said...

Ohh! That background is so stunning! Love the brown on red; it really shows off the fabulous coloring you did in your scene. And the eyelashes on the sheep? Too cute!

Heather I. said...

Another utterly adorable card!!! I'm a new follower!

Wendy said...

you did a great job coloring with chalk, this is an amazing one layer card.

Jay Gee said...

This is so sweet Isha and how you managed to keep it one layer and give the effect of a frame is really clever :)