Monday, August 8, 2011

Sew Lovely

That's correct. I made this card for a friend who really loves Sewing and I had this card in my minds ever since I saw the Lawnscaping challenge (Distressing mania) but was not getting time cos of kids school holidays...well all of you who know me well....know by now that I love the technique so very much...Talking about the technique...I saw it the first time in a video by the king of distressing Tim Holtz himself and started thinking if I could create something like this ever...which is the theme at Simon says...blog. I used more than 4 colors as per the challenge at Wee Memories.



 My card started with all white card stock. I distressed the background with a few distress inks and flicked some pearl water for the effect. Really love this effect. For the center panel I again used a few of inks and white paper. I made my own pattern using the button stamp. Then I embossed the the dress with Copper ep and colored using my copics, fussy cut it and adhere it to the panel. Love the twin around the spool and a touch of stitching on the dress. Pierced the holes around this piece.

 To finish some cross stitch at the edges of the card and some pearls. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

Love the water distressed background The twine around the spool is fantastic! :) Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping.

Virginia L. said...

Your design is fabulous, Isha! The details are so very lovely!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I'm loving the spotty background and the thread on the spool! Nice dress too and necklace too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Isha! Love the embossed dress form and your gorgeous background!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous card.

yyam said...

This is gorgeous Isha! I love the distressed effect on the background and the embossing! Such a classy elegant piece! :)

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Isha. Your background is beautiful. I love this set of stamps... maybe in my next wish list

Lynne Forsythe said...

Who would thunk water would create such a wonderful effect.....and your card is just GORGEOUS!!

THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with the teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Another beautiful creation with more great distressing. Thanks again for playing at Wee Memories!